Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

Characters Stop Responding to Commands
Old
alofferman

Default Characters Stop Responding to Commands - 02-18-2013, 01:01 PM

So my two characters do follow the directions up to a certain point, but then completely stop responding to any of the directions after that point. Have I done something wrong? I'm working with Alice 2.3.2. I've attached the file, it's a project for a Problem Solving class I'm taking. I just have to make a 60 second animation telling a simple story. It stops at around 31 seconds. I know the camera isn't right on the subjects yet, I'm just doing the camera adjustments as the final things I do before handing in the final project. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

**I figured out that it was the kiss sound I was trying to import that seemed to make it freeze. I wish I could get the kiss sound to work but I suppose I'll have to work without it. Thanks!**
Attached Files
File Type: a2w FirstWorld.a2w (3.55 MB, 0 views)

Last edited by alofferman; 02-18-2013 at 01:37 PM.

fixing the sound
Old
djslater107
Administrator

Default fixing the sound - 02-19-2013, 12:30 PM

If your sound file is not working, you might try to open it in a sound editor such as Audacity (which is open-source, free to download: http://audacity.sourceforge.net), open your sound file, and re-save (or re-export it either as a .wav or a .mp3 - you will need to get the lame plugin, listed on the website, to export as an .mp3).

That will often repair sound problems and Alice.

Don Slater

Don Slater
Alice Team
Carnegie Mellon University

Tags
animation, directions, objects