Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

how do i make a gun reload?
Old
Coreyjames25

Question how do i make a gun reload? - 04-20-2009, 01:43 PM

ok so I have a revolver from the old west class. and than a sphere set as a vechile to the barrel of my reolver. this is my ammunition and at this point I have it move forward 500 meters than set opacity to 0 and move back to the barrel in 0 seconds and opacity back to 100. than I click to shoot. my question is how do I make it shoot faster and after 6 shots I want it to reload. I hope this makes sense.

Old
Gamma God

Default 05-08-2009, 06:24 AM

well you must make a method for the reloading prosses and in the same method chech if the user has shot 6 times use a number variable under the World Properties tab.

So you might use a while loop to repeatedly check with an If Else statement, but instead of just (If TRUE do this or that, else do nothing) you might use ( If world.Stop is = 6 then) and methods would follow to show your animation for reloading the revolver. if you need more help I'll be checking regularly...

Old
Scott300

Default 05-08-2009, 07:43 AM

while true
{
if world.ammoleft <= 0
{
set world.ammoleft == 5
ammo1 move to gun
ammo2 move to gun
ammo3 move to gun
ammo4 move to gun
ammo5 move to gun
}
}
  Send a message via AIM to Scott300 Send a message via MSN to Scott300  
Old
vazin

Default 05-22-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyjames25 View Post
ok so I have a revolver from the old west class. and than a sphere set as a vechile to the barrel of my reolver. this is my ammunition and at this point I have it move forward 500 meters than set opacity to 0 and move back to the barrel in 0 seconds and opacity back to 100. than I click to shoot. my question is how do I make it shoot faster and after 6 shots I want it to reload. I hope this makes sense.
AN extremely elegant example is posted by x2495iiii, called InfernoValley posted on my site
tech4dreams.com

The Java3d version has some bugs, but works perfectly on a2w

Hope is useful information

Cheera

Tags
ammo, ammunition, bullet, gun, reload