Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

help with flight sim
Old
Alpha

Default help with flight sim - 06-02-2011, 12:56 PM

could someone help with a flight sim i am making?
Attached Files
File Type: a2w flight sim.a2w (201.4 KB, 27 views)

Old
Mr Kidnapper

Default 06-02-2011, 04:28 PM

I won't upload my own flight sim, but I will give you a checklist of things you need.
0: An airplane is always moving. Forward at that. You can either move the camera and the plane with it to travel across the map, or go Einstein on us with his hyperspace travel theory and move the map around the plane for a smoother camera turn (Turning the camera with Alice causes choppiness, called ghost frames.) Avoid setting the camera's vehicle to the airplane. This causes an unrealistic look.
In Soviet Russia, the ground moves around you!

1: Regardless of which form of constant "movement" you choose, the camera should always be fixed to the back of the plane. Note that I don't necessarily mean one position, however the back of the plane must always be visible and not noticeably change positions.

2: Reset the pivot points of the Navy Jet. The jet should properly roll according to its center. This can be done by inserting a dummy object into the center of the object, otherwise you can change every motion to be done from the Navy Jet's body instead of the navy jet itself.

3: Instead of doing some lame, physically unrealistic turn across the XY axis, a plane should turn left and right solely on its X axis (roll), called the Yaw, and change direction by going up and down according to its Y axis (Turn forward/backwards, this is called Pitch.)

4: If you let the plane itself turn slightly in the eye of the camera, it looks nicer. The plane should not be fixed to one position forever, especially when turning up and down (Pitch.)

5:There is nothing wrong with multiple camera angles. All I described to you before this is third person. Most of these rules still apply for first person, however.

6: Do not use bird's eye view(Top view.) It does not work in flight simulators. It just does not.

7: Optional, add aerial tricks such as barrel rolls or Immelman turns. This is quite entertaining to the viewers, especially when abusing camera angles.

When I get home I will upload a video of my own flight sim, I still won't upload the world itself.

Last edited by Mr Kidnapper; 06-02-2011 at 04:34 PM.

Old
David B

Default 06-03-2011, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kidnapper View Post
I won't upload my own flight sim, but I will give you a checklist of things you need.
0: An airplane is always moving. Forward at that. You can either move the camera and the plane with it to travel across the map, or go Einstein on us with his hyperspace travel theory and move the map around the plane for a smoother camera turn (Turning the camera with Alice causes choppiness, called ghost frames.) Avoid setting the camera's vehicle to the airplane. This causes an unrealistic look.
In Soviet Russia, the ground moves around you!

1: Regardless of which form of constant "movement" you choose, the camera should always be fixed to the back of the plane. Note that I don't necessarily mean one position, however the back of the plane must always be visible and not noticeably change positions.

2: Reset the pivot points of the Navy Jet. The jet should properly roll according to its center. This can be done by inserting a dummy object into the center of the object, otherwise you can change every motion to be done from the Navy Jet's body instead of the navy jet itself.

3: Instead of doing some lame, physically unrealistic turn across the XY axis, a plane should turn left and right solely on its X axis (roll), called the Yaw, and change direction by going up and down according to its Y axis (Turn forward/backwards, this is called Pitch.)

4: If you let the plane itself turn slightly in the eye of the camera, it looks nicer. The plane should not be fixed to one position forever, especially when turning up and down (Pitch.)

5:There is nothing wrong with multiple camera angles. All I described to you before this is third person. Most of these rules still apply for first person, however.

6: Do not use bird's eye view(Top view.) It does not work in flight simulators. It just does not.

7: Optional, add aerial tricks such as barrel rolls or Immelman turns. This is quite entertaining to the viewers, especially when abusing camera angles.

When I get home I will upload a video of my own flight sim, I still won't upload the world itself.
Or...you could just say that you made the flight simulator that comes with Alice when you install it.

JUST KIDDING!

Old
Alpha

Default 06-05-2011, 07:11 AM

i accidentally uploaded the wrong simulator.
here is the right one.http://www.alice.org/community
Attached Files
File Type: a2w flight sim.a2w (219.0 KB, 22 views)

here is help
Old
pendragon526

Smile here is help - 09-11-2011, 01:02 PM

Yup you need help I made this very good flight simulator for a school progect i will post it here

i did work very hard on this but i did have a hard time kjeeping the plan from flying thru the ground.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w flight.a2w (6.79 MB, 24 views)