Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

Assignment 3
Old
MBohnenstengel

Default Assignment 3 - 07-16-2018, 03:45 PM

Assignment 3 was quiet challenging. It took me awhile to figure out how to just view the method I was working on until half way through. I figured out that you will most likely want to set an ambient pose for each the pharaoh and the mummy. I did not do that in the beginning and it was nightmare to get them back into their original poses. Alice will start with whatever pose your object was in last! Building methods were straight forward and easy but most of the trickiness came when I tried to get the mummy into different poses. I wanted the mummy to walk regularly but could not get him to walk like a human with different poses but that was too time consuming, so I settled for a crude version mummy walk. Getting the mummy to fall was the worst. I tried to move different parts of him up, down, forward and back, though his center (butt?) would not move. It took a lot of playing around where I had to come up with a combo of using rolling the whole mummy and moving different parts backwards and away to get him to look like he was falling over. Hopefully this helps everyone else!

Old
Forumuser

Default 07-16-2018, 06:35 PM

There is a method for objects called the stand up method in the dropdown menu if you right click. I think it will restore the object to its default positioning. This might save you some trouble in the future. It helped me out. Just right click the object in the object menu on the top left side of the screen look under methods and it should be right below the set pose method.

walking
Old
sella18

Default walking - 07-16-2018, 11:09 PM

I had them same issue with the mummy's walk. I too just went for the crude version as well. I thought you could use the capture pose feature to make them walk better. I planned to capture the object stepping forward with one leg and then capture the other leg stepping forward letting the program switch between poses so it looks like the object stepping. It was too difficult to get the object into the right position to capture so I didn't do it.