Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Walking and running
Old
Geo_X

Default Walking and running - 05-02-2006, 07:55 AM

How do I manipulate the legs of my objects so that it looks like they are realistically running?

Walking and running
Old
lanceA

Default Walking and running - 05-02-2006, 08:57 AM

That is too broad and general a question to be answered in this setting. In order to learn how it is done you may wish to use one of the hebuilder/shebuilder objects (People folder) to learn how to do this.

Place an object of this type in your world view and then select the object's methods tab. You will see tiles for various behaviours that you can call for the object. Drag the ShowAllAnimations tile into your editor and run the program. The object will cycle through each of it's animation capabilities and as it does so you may wish to carefully write down the various positions of it's body parts as it does so and then attempt to mimick them for the objects you are using. I believe the he/she builder objects are the only objects provided with Alice that have these animation capabilities built-in.

Good luck,

Old
Geo_X

Default 05-03-2006, 12:47 PM

Where do you find these hebuilder objects? Sorry, but I'm a total noob. BTW I am attempting to make a bunny hop and a tortoise to run.

Walking and running
Old
lanceA

Default Walking and running - 05-03-2006, 04:24 PM

The he/she builders are in the People folder in the Add Objects Gallery.

To make the bunny hop try adding code to make the bunny turn it's legs backward and forward and simultaneously move up and move forward and move down. (See Exercise 3.Hop in Chapter 3 if you have the manual).

Also the tutorial included with Alice, Defending Naptime, has a bunny that hops in it. You may wish to view the tutorial.

Good luck

Last edited by lanceA; 05-03-2006 at 09:35 PM.

Old
Geo_X

Default 05-04-2006, 09:29 AM

Thank you so much, but I still don't know how to make the turtle run like a human being.