Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
uglyPenguins -- lists, properties and a challenge
Old
JeremyShafer

Default uglyPenguins -- lists, properties and a challenge - 08-04-2008, 06:25 PM

There's nothing like an example. I've attached an example world that highlights my frustrations w/ alice.

It illustrates either A) my ineptitude or B) some deficiencies in Alice or C) a little bit of Both.

Please take a look at the uglyPenguins world. The penguins themselves are quite cute. It's the code that is ugly. All I wanted to do initially was add a "score" property to each penguin, randomly assign the score, and then display the score in a 3d text object.

I order to do this, I had to remove the scores attribute from the penguin objects, and put that in a list all it's own.

Then I wanted a way to update the scores... but you can't do that through a list. I ended up creating a very ugly method to do this.

So ... here's my challenge to the Alice community. Can someone make me an elegantPenguins that improves on this code?
Attached Files
File Type: a2w uglyPenguins.a2w (627.2 KB, 97 views)