Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Bugs and Troubleshooting

Storytelling Alice and Windows 7
Old
gibberishtwist

Default Storytelling Alice and Windows 7 - 02-17-2012, 02:37 PM

Does Storytelling Alice work on Windows 7 (64-bit)? I need Storytelling Alice in order to do something that ordinary Alice seems incapable of (Or I'm incapable of), but when I downloaded and tried to run, it doesn't work. When I try to run the program not only does it change Windows colors back to basic, but I only get an error message (And submitting the error doesn't work, either). I tried running as administrator but that didn't work either. It also doesn't shut down properly and has to be manually closed from the task manager.

Is there something I can do to make the program run properly or is it just not suited for Windows 7? Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Storytelling and Windows 7
Old
tjg377

Default Storytelling and Windows 7 - 12-03-2013, 08:43 AM

I am running into similar problems. I have 20 laptops in my classroom running Windows 7. Each day, any random 5 or 6 of the laptops will not run STA cleanly. It will crash immediately. It won't submit the report. If I try to restart Alice, it will tell me another version is running, do I want to run another copy? If I say yes, about half the time, it will run it. the other half of the time, it will just continue to crash. I read somewhere once to go to Java settings and clear the cache....That works, or seems to work, but not always. I think its a Java issue with Windows 7, but I don't know for sure. If anyone has a permanent fix, I would love to hear it.

Tags
error, storytelling alice, windows 7