Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Announcements > Community News and Announcements

Old
gabe
Administrator

Default 06-10-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceA View Post
I don't wish anyone to forget my original post.............
Where do I find the NetBeans plugin that allows me to edit Alice 3.0-Beta code?
The NetBeans plugin is now online. We have moved our Alice 3 beta downloads to Kenai. So for now, you can download from their host, which, if anything, should be faster and more stable than our server.

http://kenai.com/projects/alice/downloads

It works with NetBeans 6.5. For those of you with the newer 6.7 beta, we think it should work...it just hasn't been tested out. If someone can verify this, that would be great.

Old
lanceA

Default 06-11-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe View Post
The NetBeans plugin is now online. We have moved our Alice 3 beta downloads to Kenai. So for now, you can download from their host, which, if anything, should be faster and more stable than our server.

http://kenai.com/projects/alice/downloads

It works with NetBeans 6.5. For those of you with the newer 6.7 beta, we think it should work...it just hasn't been tested out. If someone can verify this, that would be great.
Thanks Gabe,
I'm using NetBeans 6.5.1 at the moment. Once I install and have a day or two to play with the plugin I will attempt to download 6.7 beta and test it.

Thanks again for the posting !!

Old
DrJim

Default 06-11-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Thanks again for the posting !!
Let me add my thanks - somewhat qualified by the fact I guess I'm going to have to start figuring out NetBeans.

But that qualification is really minor compared to the fact this lets Alice 3 really display and use its full potential!!!

Note: Just tried to download from the site and the only thing there right now is Alice 3 Beta.

Last edited by DrJim; 06-11-2009 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Added failure to find plugin.

Old
lanceA

Default 06-11-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJim View Post
Let me add my thanks - somewhat qualified by the fact I guess I'm going to have to start figuring out NetBeans.

But that qualification is really minor compared to the fact this lets Alice 3 really display and use its full potential!!!

Note: Just tried to download from the site and the only thing there right now is Alice 3 Beta.
Click on it Dr. Jim, and other downloads appear - including the plugin.

Gabe, I'm getting "Reference Problems" when opening an Alice Project in NetBeans. Are the only two jar files I need to add to my classpath JOGL.jar and GLUEGEN-RT.jar? I'm currently running Alice 3.0 from a C-drive and NetBeans from an F-drive. I've set up the proper paths to those two jar files.....I just need to know if I need to add additional classpaths to other jars? Thinks and sorry that I have to ask the question.

NetBeans JOGL Plugin
Old
Dennis Cosgrove
Alice Developer

Default NetBeans JOGL Plugin - 06-11-2009, 02:14 PM

In order to run Alice3 Java projects in NetBeans you will need to download and install the NetBeans JOGL Plugin.

Old
lanceA

Default 06-11-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Cosgrove View Post
In order to run Alice3 Java projects in NetBeans you will need to download and install the NetBeans JOGL Plugin.
Oh, ok and thank you. I will do it now.

Old
DrJim

Default 06-11-2009, 04:10 PM

Thanks All.

Got everything but NetBeans itself - which is tomorrow's download/installation project.

Of course then I'll have to figure out what to do with it - but glad to be in that position.

Old
lanceA

Default 06-11-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Cosgrove View Post
That was the ingredient needed!! IT WORKS!! Thank you!

I will keep you updated on my experiences.

Thanks again.

Old
lanceA

Default 06-11-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
That was the ingredient needed!! IT WORKS!! Thank you!

I will keep you updated on my experiences.

Thanks again.
This is cool!!!!

If you do not teach you may not be able to appreciate it. If you do not know Java programming it might be a steep learning curve, but it is definitely cool!!!!!!!!!! GREAT job!!!!!

(It doesn't add anything to being able to create new Objects or importing Objects as far as I can see..............but I just started playing with it today. ) Tomorrow I will try to use Java's reserved word new on an object.

But then again, it's supposed to be a Teaching Tool, right?

However this release appears to add an entirely new dimension to teaching and being able to switch between environments. ( I will definitely begin to explore this more tomorrow.)

Just my 2¢

Last edited by lanceA; 06-11-2009 at 06:03 PM. Reason: normal typos

Alice 3.0 + NetBeans + Wiimote
Old
ttkrakus

Default Alice 3.0 + NetBeans + Wiimote - 06-12-2009, 10:42 AM

Well, this just got very interesting.

Try WiiuseJ...Have FUN!!

Find it in Google Code: http://code.google.com/p/wiiusej/

Last edited by ttkrakus; 06-12-2009 at 10:43 AM. Reason: forgot to add url