Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 02-14-2010, 06:24 PM

There should be another called Collada.

Yeah, I just tried it myself. File>Export>3D Model opens the navigation window. At the bottom-center of that window, there's a dropdown menu labeled "Export Type:" with 2 options: "COLLADA File (*.dae)," and "Google Earth File (*.kmz)."

Choose the first one.

(')>

I found a new way
Old
King Gamer(gorit)

Lightbulb I found a new way - 02-14-2010, 06:31 PM

Ok, while experminting on ways to make a mountain I decided to make a model of stratton.(For those that dont know it is a mountain in vermont and host U.S. Open events each year and also my favorite mountain) So as I was experminting I found that you could save the materials used in the model. Make all the the faces using the same texture in it's own group, then own layer named whatever the subart will be named. Then you export as an .ase (download the exporter here http://www.vodhin.org/e107/download.php?view.1025) Then when in alice you just add the texture maps to the apropriate parts.
P.S. Save the textures as jpegs
Also the website that I gave is a RCT3 community which is one game I play been taking a break though. Laslty If I was unclear just say so.

K
Old
Anders

Default K - 02-14-2010, 07:28 PM

Alright, I got it. I had a former version.

Old
jediaction

Default 02-14-2010, 08:19 PM

I dont need to worry about this. Dont quote or answer to this comment. Im really tired and had a long day...long long day!

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Blender has special problems
Old
trevorooski

Default Blender has special problems - 03-01-2010, 04:54 PM

Whenever i click to open my .3ds file it tells me it isnt a blender file and doesnt open it.... what can i do....:con fused:

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 03-01-2010, 04:57 PM

For that, you need to open blender, then delete the starting cube (the square that is in your blender project by default) and click Import>3d model and find 3ds files on the list. Alternatively, you could just use Biturn to convert it to an ase file, since Biturn can handle 3ds models.

(')>

Thank you
Old
trevorooski

Default Thank you - 03-01-2010, 05:03 PM

thanks alot... now i just go file>save as>and pick my folder and open it in Alice?

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 03-01-2010, 08:32 PM

No, you have to go to Alice, open a new world, then import the .ase file. If it's done right, the model will appear in the center of your world, the same as other models do when you add them to your world (some error messages may pop up, click cancel for all of them).

(')>

Old
PeterDC

Question 03-23-2010, 03:46 AM

Using Blender, I exported my .blend file into .3ds. I opened it with Biturn. I have version w0.824 of Biturn, but it doesn't have a 3D Studio Max ascii selection on the dropdown menu (I think it may be the version I have). Instead, it has 3D Studio ascii, which is .ASC. I unsuccessfully attempted to import my .ASC file to Alice. Any ideas on where I could get an older version of Biturn?

Last edited by PeterDC; 03-29-2010 at 03:49 AM.

Thanks for the help!
Old
Pandora_Handheld

Default Thanks for the help! - 04-25-2010, 09:05 PM

I'm a complete nood to 3d programming and this will help alot. Thanks for the detailed descrption.