Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Announcements > Contests

Online Independent Film Festival?
Old
DarkMagis

Lightbulb Online Independent Film Festival? - 10-11-2010, 07:40 PM

Hey guys. Now, before I go any further this is only a suggestion, rather than an already full-blown thing. I have taken a look at the Alice Film Festival, and was rather disappointed. It had more than a few aspects in it that posed as a disadvantage or annoyance:

-It's only in Alabama. Not online, and you have to actually drive to the site.

-Only elementary through high school, leaving out the main group that really submits the most skillful work.

-The prizes really suck. Not much variety, and cash prizes are more wanted now-a-day.

So, because of those three major disappointments, I propose that Alice does its own film festival, allowing it to be either online or more global, with better prizes (encouraging more entries) and more age groups.

Please post what you think, and if you think this is in the wrong forum category, please move it (suggestions?).

Us geek animators need something like this, and it wouldn't be hard with a few sponsors and donations.

What?!!!
Old
debussybunny563

Angry What?!!! - 10-11-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMagis View Post
-Only elementary through high school, leaving out the main group that really submits the most skillful work.
Um, EXCUSE ME?!

What about high schoolers not being capable of making skillful work?

lol
Anyway, does it have to be a "film," or would we be able to submit games as well?
And, who's going to be setting this all up? (The Alice team? Possibly.)

The proposal is a great idea (IMO), and if I was given enough time (and the option of making a game), I'd probably enter.

Last edited by debussybunny563; 12-21-2012 at 12:00 AM.

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|Link to weapons collection: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7368 |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I have been dead for quite some time now; not much hope for resurrection.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-11-2010, 09:21 PM

Can't really say anything. The last film festival was restricted to citizens of Brazil. At leas this one's in America.

Too bad, really. I would like to enter some contests.

Old
DarkMagis

Default 10-12-2010, 04:02 PM

Lol, excuse me. High schoolers are very good at Alice too. I've just been mainly looking at X's work (which is amazing to the umpteenth power). Actually, I shouldn't be talking being as I'm only in the 8th grade.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-12-2010, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMagis View Post
Lol, excuse me. High schoolers are very good at Alice too. I've just been mainly looking at X's work (which is amazing to the umpteenth power). Actually, I shouldn't be talking being as I'm only in the 8th grade.
I appreciate that. Thank you very much.

Old
DarkMagis

Default 10-15-2010, 12:37 PM

Maybe our film, if we can finish it by then and if we do decide to collaborate, can be the header for it.

Old
cstar

Smile 10-29-2010, 11:54 PM

definatley a good idea, you say at least this one was in america, what about us aussies

Online Independent Film Festival?
Old
pettersmith

Default Online Independent Film Festival? - 11-02-2010, 11:30 PM

I thinks the Film Festival should for all the member and they must be get the chance of getting the benefits of it I always force to take participate all the people in the British and more over such pictures are shown every where not in Alabama.

Old
labtek9

Default 11-14-2010, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2495iiii View Post
Can't really say anything. The last film festival was restricted to citizens of Brazil. At leas this one's in America.

Too bad, really. I would like to enter some contests.
Haha! Brazil!

Roar Face! >:O

Circle Buddy!

Old
yaya

Default 11-19-2010, 02:34 AM

How about a worldwide competition??