Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Works-In-Progress

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Space Jump
Old
Tommy19748
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Exclamation Space Jump - 08-18-2010, 07:02 PM

Is it possible that someone instruct me how to have the astronaut jump a specific height. At the top, use a loop to spin the astronaut a specified number of times, using the same function. The astronaut falls down to the surface, raises his or her arm, and says a message. Use variables for the height of the jump and the number of spins. I've started; however, I'm in need of assistance with this assignment, it is due tonight. Instructions please!!!

Last edited by Tommy19748; 08-22-2010 at 09:57 PM.
   
Reply With Quote
Specifics?
Old
debussybunny563
Senior Member
 
debussybunny563's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 852
Join Date: May 2010
Question Specifics? - 08-18-2010, 08:00 PM

Any specific message you want the astronaut to say?

Also, are you supposed to use the same variable for the height and number of spins?
In other words, if you enter "2" for height, do you also want him to spin 2 times?

And, does it specifically say to use a loop for the amount of times he spins?


Last edited by debussybunny563; 12-21-2012 at 12:00 AM.

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|Link to weapons collection: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7368 |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I have been dead for quite some time now; not much hope for resurrection.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
Tommy19748
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default 08-18-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debussybunny563 View Post
Any specific message you want the astronaut to say?

Also, are you supposed to use the same variable for the height and number of spins?
In other words, if you enter "2" for height, do you also want him to spin 2 times?
Correct if the number 2 is posted then the Astro should turn two time and so on. I have the spin part down but I'm stuck on the jump with the loop.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
debussybunny563
Senior Member
 
debussybunny563's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 852
Join Date: May 2010
Arrow 08-18-2010, 08:04 PM

Questions:
Quote:
And, does it specifically say to use a loop for the amount of times he spins?
Quote:
Any specific message you want the astronaut to say?


Last edited by debussybunny563; 12-21-2012 at 12:00 AM.

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|Link to weapons collection: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7368 |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I have been dead for quite some time now; not much hope for resurrection.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
Tommy19748
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default 08-18-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debussybunny563 View Post
Questions:


Correct it is specified about the number of times with the loop, and the Astro can say something like Whoooaaaaaa.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
Tommy19748
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default 08-18-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy19748 View Post
Correct it is specified about the number of times with the loop, and the Astro can say something like Whoooaaaaaa.
At the top, use a loop to spin the astronaut a specified number of times, using the same function. The astronaut falls down to the surface, raises his or her arm, and says a message. Use variables for the height of the jump and the number of spins.
   
Reply With Quote
Here it is
Old
debussybunny563
Senior Member
 
debussybunny563's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 852
Join Date: May 2010
Arrow Here it is - 08-18-2010, 08:15 PM

Well, you only need one variable for both the jump height and the spin times, since they will be the same number, and he looks a little weird raising his hand and saying "Whoooaaaaaa.", but here it is.

If you want to change what he says, go to the world.jump method and modify it (it's towards the end of the method).

If anything else needs to be added/changed, let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Space Jump.a2w (793.8 KB, 496 views)


Last edited by debussybunny563; 12-21-2012 at 12:00 AM.

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|Link to weapons collection: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7368 |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I have been dead for quite some time now; not much hope for resurrection.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
Tommy19748
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default 08-18-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debussybunny563 View Post
Well, you only need one variable for both the jump height and the spin times, since they will be the same number, and he looks a little weird raising his hand and saying "Whoooaaaaaa.", but here it is.

If you want to change what he says, go to the world.jump method and modify it (it's towards the end of the method).

If anything else needs to be added/changed, let me know.
Thanks again.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
debussybunny563
Senior Member
 
debussybunny563's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 852
Join Date: May 2010
Talking 08-18-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Thanks again.
Hey, that's why I'm here.

Any more questions or problems, let me know, but try to post the problem as soon as possible so it can be taken care of as quickly as possible.



Last edited by debussybunny563; 12-21-2012 at 12:00 AM.

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|Link to weapons collection: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7368 |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I have been dead for quite some time now; not much hope for resurrection.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
jediaction
Senior Member
 
jediaction's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 5,064
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bel Air, Maryland
Default 08-19-2010, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy19748 View Post
Is it possible that someone instruct me how to have the astronaut jump a specific height. At the top, use a loop to spin the astronaut a specified number of times, using the same function. The astronaut falls down to the surface, raises his or her arm, and says a message. Use variables for the height of the jump and the number of spins. I've started; however, I'm in need of assistance with this assignment, it is due tonight. Instructions please!!!
Uh, didnt i just help you on this. I sent you an Example project. My JA command system. What happened with that?


Website: www.salokingames.com
FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Copyright ©2018, Carnegie Mellon University
Alice 2.x 1999-2012, Alice 3.x 2008-2012, Carnegie Mellon University. All rights reserved.