Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Potential Error in 2.2b
Old
lanceA

Default Potential Error in 2.2b - 06-20-2008, 02:36 PM

I create a new world, click once on the HandsomePrince (people folder) and then I click on the button, "Add instance to world". When I do this the system crashes.

Can any one replicate this? I've tried instantiating numerous other objects in this manner and have successfully added them with no problems. I'm not sure why this object is a problem.

Thanks,

Old
DrJim

Default 06-21-2008, 06:28 PM

I tried the same thing and can verify it is a problem. A possible clue is that the same "Handsome Prince" model will load into Storytelling Alice and run properly there - including the "walk" method. I suspect not all of the unique Storytelling Alice features were removed from the file before it was included in the Alice 2.2b library. Probably Wrong - see next post.

Another note - I tried loading a couple of other models from the walking people folder of Alice 2.2 into Alice 2.0 and they ran fine - including the walk methods.

One unsuccessful experiment was to see if Alice 2.2 would correctly display Unicode text values greater than 127. While I only tried a limited sample of characters and fonts - none did display correctly.

Last edited by DrJim; 06-23-2008 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Added comment

Old
DrJim

Default 06-23-2008, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJim View Post
I suspect not all of the unique Storytelling Alice features were removed from the file before it was included in the Alice 2.2b library.
Looks like a bad guess. The Handsome Prince file from the Alice 2.2 gallery will import fine into Alice 2.0 - something Storytelling Alice files won't do.

HandsomPrince Problem
Old
aikmin

Default HandsomPrince Problem - 01-14-2009, 04:12 PM

The HandsomPrince model in the latest release works. Please remove your old Alice and download the new one.