2/5 - Bad 0 0%
1/5 - Horrible 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old
madden

Default 09-20-2009, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NivekNamttid View Post
The visuals in this game are amazing! It's probably the best that I've seen in Alice yet. I think that this game is going to be great! I have a few recomendations, though:

1: When I jump on the bridge, I get stuck in midair. I'm not sure what causes this.
2: It is rather annoying to be set back to the very beginning when you are killed by the bird. (A question: is that green circle above the bridge supposed to be a checkpoint of sorts?)
3: I could not kill the bird or get past it.
4: I think you should add a little more scenery after the bridge, I wasn't sure at first if I was supposed to keep going or not.
All in all though, I think that the game is going to be very good. I think a backstory would be great to add on to explain why it looks like the ball thing was shipwrecked on a island.
Hey thanks man, I have already had some complaints about the bridge. I think I have the problem fixed now (Hopefully). Yes, I am also hoping to add "Life packs" so you don't die on the first hit. I have been adding more scenery after the bridge believe it or not. =)
Oh and the green circle is a emerald, you will use it later on to buy weapons. About the back story, yes I already made a movie scene before this level, It just hasn't been released yet. But it will explain how he gets there. Well, perhaps it wont reveal exactly how he got there on that movie scene, but it will show allot leading up to that point. How he actually ended up on the beach will be reviled in a later movie scene.
Thanks for the feed back everyone, sorry I can't reply to everyone. I am very busy in my life at the moment. Thanks for being patient. =)

Check out my new website - http://www.freewebs.com/maddenuser/

Special thanks to the people who are supporting me...
Drjim, rich0e0rick, Chris101b, ZED, jediaction, x2495iiii, ("Robby"), gabe, JustasM, and Shadow Sovereign.

Games...

CSS - a sidescroler/adventure game.
CASE 1.01 - a escape the room/adventure game.
In the Black and White - a shooter/adventure game.
Field Of Wonder - a adventure game
C.R.E.S - a action/adventure game.

Can you eat 10 cookies in 5 seconds?
I did.

Old
madden

Default 09-20-2009, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onij View Post
First off, I am very impressed with the overall visuals/style/environment of the game. That was truly awesome. I was just working on a project in front of my wife yesterday and she was like "Alice graphics are crap." I've thought the same thing up until I played your game and was awestruck with your visual style. Very well done. I'm giving you a 5/5 for the beautiful atmosphere and presentation of the game.

BUT there are a few issues I ran into:

1 - I'm having trouble understanding exactly when this happens but when you are on close to, or on the bridge and jump you sometimes get permanently stuck in the air.

2 - When jumping and attacking the bird, after the ball resets to the beginning, the ball sometimes gets stuck below the screen.

3 - Just a recommendation: Your world is so beautiful that I want to see more of it! So instead of having the camera trail behind the ball, have it stay slightly ahead of the ball. This way we will be able to see where we are going and will be able to focus on all of the beautiful scenery better. As it is right now, if a new person were to play the first level they will mostly be concentrating on only the right 10% of the screen because they will want to see where they are going in case they are going to need to jump over something or will need to attack something.
Hey, sorry I haven't replied.

Camera ahead of the ball - I'll see what I can do. It took forever to figure out how to make the camera follow the ball, so I'll try and reverse it. But I can't guarantee it will work. The other two suggestions have been fixed, thankfully. =)

Thanks for the feedback.

Check out my new website - http://www.freewebs.com/maddenuser/

Special thanks to the people who are supporting me...
Drjim, rich0e0rick, Chris101b, ZED, jediaction, x2495iiii, ("Robby"), gabe, JustasM, and Shadow Sovereign.

Games...

CSS - a sidescroler/adventure game.
CASE 1.01 - a escape the room/adventure game.
In the Black and White - a shooter/adventure game.
Field Of Wonder - a adventure game
C.R.E.S - a action/adventure game.

Can you eat 10 cookies in 5 seconds?
I did.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 09-22-2009, 01:23 AM

This is really great, madden! I really like the effort you put into the visuals of this game! The only problem was that there were some bugs which only let me play up until I got to the crow, then the world would stop whenever I tried to use the stick. I was using Alice 2.2, if that makes a difference. In any case this was very nice, keep up the good work!

(')>

Tags
alice 2.0, css, demo, madden games