Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Announcements > Community News and Announcements

Closed Thread

Alice Community Game Contest!
Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default Alice Community Game Contest! - 02-10-2010, 06:00 PM

Alright, this started out as just a way to keep a few game-makers motivated to keep working on their Alice games until they were finished, but since then it's become a sort of unofficial contest between all of the Alice authors to see who's best work is really the "Best Work!" It's a game-making contests for the members of the Alice Community.

Here are the rules:

Rule #1: There are no set deadlines at this point, but with at so many entrants with so many completely different work schedules, we can't expect to have them all done at the same time. So, I'm going to set a tentative deadline of July 1st (I figure you'll all have a month of summer break just before that). There's no limit to when you can enter, though, so feel free to join/drop out as you like. To join, post to this thread.

Rule #2: It has to be a full game. No movies (unless they're cutscenes for your game), no demos, and no works-in-progress. Team efforts are acceptable as long as you don't mind sharing the credit. Each entry should have these features:
-an object of the game
-a reasonable challenge
-a way to win and a way (or ways) to lose

Other than that, go nuts!

You can submit your worlds here:

http://www.alice.org/community/showt...0292#post20292

Rule #3: It should be as bug-free as you can make it. It's very difficult, however, to find all the bugs in a program you always play a certain way, so there will be a preliminary bug-testing round where the first versions are released so that others can play them and report any bugs they find. After which, we can fix the bugs (and make NO other changes) and release the final versions.

Rule #4: The entries will be judged by the people of the Alice community and a panel of three judges who will be identified on the day of the contest (this is to avoid biased decisions on my part, as I will be entering the contest and as such cannot act as a referee). The judges' duties will be to determine an entry's eligibility, settle ties, and to cast their own special votes. Each game will be judged in three different areas (higher priority means it carries more influence when deciding the winner):
-Most positive feedback (medium priority)
-Fewest bugs (miedium-high priority)
-Released first (low priority)
-Judge's scores (each judge will rate each entry 1-10, high priority)
-A straight up vote (high priority). In order to ensure no one votes for their own world, the poll will have to be public.

Rule #5: Though it is a competition, it's supposed to be light spirited. Remember, only one entry can win, so regardless of the outcome, I expect good sportsmanship all around.

Entrants:
chris101b
jediaction
dubastot
x2495iiii
Niteshifter
KingGamer(gorit)
rich0e0rick
zonedabone
Zack Strife
madden
arty-fishL
dmitchell
reuben2011
lowrider001
Delpenator
RockytheConcreteDonkey

May the best world win!

(')>

Last edited by x2495iiii; 04-24-2010 at 01:00 AM.

Old
Niteshifter

Default 02-10-2010, 06:34 PM

I would like to join. I've actually been meaning to make a game but never got around to it yet

x2495iiii - Done.

Last edited by x2495iiii; 02-10-2010 at 07:10 PM.

Can I Join??
Old
King Gamer(gorit)

Question Can I Join?? - 02-11-2010, 06:55 AM

Ok well I was wondering if I could join and enter the game I am currently working on. I had started A litle bit over 2 weeks ago but all I have is the opening cutscene. So, I'm in either way but I would just like to know if I could use that world.

x2495iiii - Done.

Last edited by x2495iiii; 02-11-2010 at 05:11 PM.

Old
jediaction

Default 02-11-2010, 08:11 AM

King Gamer, yes you can join. We would love more people into this contest

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 02-11-2010, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gamer(gorit) View Post
Ok well I was wondering if I could join and enter the game I am currently working on. I had started A litle bit over 2 weeks ago but all I have is the opening cutscene. So, I'm in either way but I would just like to know if I could use that world.
It has to be a game, remember. The opening cutscene is okay, but there has to be a gameplay aspect to it.

(')>

Old
jediaction

Default 02-11-2010, 09:23 AM

Yah a game, but there can be an opening scene to it.

Thanks
Old
King Gamer(gorit)

Talking Thanks - 02-11-2010, 02:14 PM

Ok, I was wondering If I could enter this game becasue I have been working on it but, thanks for letting me know I'm in. This will be my best game ever.

Old
jediaction

Default 02-11-2010, 02:20 PM

Looking forward to it

Last edited by jediaction; 02-11-2010 at 02:34 PM.

yeeeeha
Old
rich0e0rick

Cool yeeeeha - 02-11-2010, 05:07 PM

hey guys, i know you haven't heard from me in a lonnnnngggggg while, I've been so busy, and guess what i see when i log in? Contest!!! Woot,woot....

So yea, now that my excitement is out of the way, i think ill be able to join in and get going on my plane game, since at least it will give me some reason to continue working on it.That is, if its still open for entries? By July first, i should be finished right? . Still got lots of personal stuff going on, so i might not be able to log in often and work on it right now, so hopefully you guys wont miss me and think I died or that I'm dropping out of the contest.

Rick

x2495iiii - Done.

im back!!! FINNALY!!! got windows working on my mac again!!!

Last edited by x2495iiii; 02-11-2010 at 05:11 PM.

Old
jediaction

Default 02-11-2010, 06:37 PM

Well Rick, there are still spots open so fell free to join. Now remember, there are rules and certain requirements that need to be in the game in the post.

If you did not read the rules yet, there 9 posts up

Last edited by x2495iiii; 02-11-2010 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Meh. Typos.

Closed Thread