Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 3 > How Do I?

Alice at JavaOne
Old
Dave Briccetti

Default Alice at JavaOne - 06-08-2009, 04:06 PM

Congratulations to the Alice team, who did an excellent job at JavaOne, both at their booth and at their birds-of-a-feather session. It was a pleasure meeting you all.

I just installed Alice 2.2 and Alice 3.0 Beta for my summer classes starting later this month.

Old
DrJim

Default 06-09-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Briccetti View Post
I just installed Alice 2.2 and Alice 3.0 Beta for my summer classes starting later this month.
What are you going to use for notes, etc. for Alice 3? Was there some sort of detailed presentation made at JavaOne concerning the user interface? So far I've found it very difficult to decipher in detail - nearly as many questions as answers. I realize it is still early beta and that's to be expected, and I agree the team appears to have done a nice job.

Old
gabe
Administrator

Default 06-09-2009, 02:54 PM

Dave,

Thanks for the nice comment about Alice at JavaOne. I was amazed by all the enthusiasm for Alice -- our booth had a continuous stream of people from open to close every day.

Jim,

We gave some brief Alice 3 demos and discussed Alice and its place in the programming universe. We did not go over anything in-depth. I know that a lot of the features are somewhat cryptic, and it's something we will be working to improve upon (and provide help with).

Old
Dave Briccetti

Default 06-10-2009, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJim View Post
What are you going to use for notes, etc. for Alice 3? ...
Hi DrJim. What I generally do is demonstrate a few things and then ask the kids to integrate those things into an idea of their own.

Old
DrJim

Default 06-10-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe View Post
... a lot of the features are somewhat cryptic,
A bit of an understatement - but the nice thing is that once I do figure it out, everything so far seems to work very well!

Nice job for a Beta release.

Tags
javaone