Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Import Animated 3D Characters and 2D Animations?
Old
brucegregory

Default Import Animated 3D Characters and 2D Animations? - 12-14-2005, 04:54 PM

I've scoured Google and these forums and cannot find specific answers to these questions. I only have access to Blender and Carrara 5 for modeling and animating characters in 3D. Possibly, Milkshape, as well. Is there a way for getting an animated character into Alice with one of these tools as the source? Is there a way to import a .png sequence with an alpha channel for use as a masked animation over a background in Alice? Does Alice support antialiasing?
How fast is a game made with Alice compared to modern 3D games?

Greg Smith

Old
gabe
Administrator

Default 12-19-2005, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucegregory
I only have access to Blender and Carrara 5 for modeling and animating characters in 3D. Possibly, Milkshape, as well. Is there a way for getting an animated character into Alice with one of these tools as the source?
As far as I am aware, Alice will import models in .ASE format, which 3D Studio Max will export natively. I am not familiar with Blender, but there is a thread that discusses it. Also, as far as I know, you cannot import animations into Alice.

Quote:
Is there a way to import a .png sequence with an alpha channel for use as a masked animation over a background in Alice? Does Alice support antialiasing? How fast is a game made with Alice compared to modern 3D games?
I do not have answers to these questions, but I have forwarded them along.