Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Old
Taterific

Default 02-20-2010, 07:04 PM

I feel like we're a little off topic.
However, I definitely loved Uncharted 1, 2 and some infamous.
Good stuff right there.

You should look at Red Faction: Guerrilla if you haven't already.
A very VERY cheesy plot.
Bad guys are evil kitten-hating children-hating candy-haters.
They hate rainbows and want to kill all small cute fuzzy animals.

So it's a little cheesy.
Ex. The commander gives orders to just 'Kill some random civilians'.

But if you can look past that, it's a great game.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 02-20-2010, 08:08 PM

Actually, I was kind of tired of shooters for awhile after I'd beaten so many of them and I wanted to change it up a little. I wanted something quick and entertaining, but simple and enveloping (I guess something like Arkham Asylum, which is my favorite game of all time, but has low replay value). I couldn't really find anything that suited it exactly, but I narrowed it down to Dynasty Warriors for the PS3 or Punch-Out!! for the Wii. I ended up getting Punch-Out, and I like it, but it's a little TOO simple: memorize the order of attacks and counter accordingly.

Any thought on what games might fit that bill?

(')>

Old
Dameria

Default 02-20-2010, 10:32 PM

I'm pretty sure that Punch-Out for the Wii got a 1/10 on Game Informer, just remember reading it somewhere. It was definitely a boxing game for the Wii, but they completely slammed it when they did the review.

Check out my best projects so far and please comment:

Tic-Tac-Toe 2.0 ................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=3548
Alice Paint ........................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=23408
Real-Time Clock .................. http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=12725
Maze Game ......................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4301

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 02-21-2010, 02:09 AM

Kinda unfair, if you ask me. It's really not too bad a game. Nothing outstanding, nothing groundbreaking, but not terrible, and certainly not only a 1/10. I bet they just weren't in the mood to play a game like that, is all. Most people are content with their gory shoot-em-ups, which Punch out is practically the opposite of.

Like I said, it's mostly just pattern memorization. If you don't practice, then it's got more of an element of unpredictability and reflexes to it, but you're also much more likely to lose.

If you think about it, though, most games can be boiled down to pattern memorization. How many boss fights involve repeated attacks which you have to learn, dodge, and counter in order to win? Probably all of them, right? If you think about it like that, Punch out is kind of like a string of boss fights.

I'd give it a 6/10 at least.

(')>

Old
Taterific

Default 02-21-2010, 06:48 PM

Best boss fight games I can think of are the Metal Gear Solid series.
And Shadow of the Colossus. Then again, in the latter, all you fight is bosses.

I used to love Dynasty warriors. Can't think of any games that comes to mind right away.

Brutal Legend was sweet if you're into an adventure/comedy game. It's got a low replay value, but beautiful scenery. I feel like you're in a living album art for a metal band.
But I'm a metal fan. \,,/ ^-^ \,,/