Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Can It Be Done?
Old
Kithikor

Default Can It Be Done? - 07-28-2013, 07:16 PM

I just found Alice. Got it running and did a small setup. Is there a way to look at the coding, like in a Java code? I heard that I should check this out since I want to learn Java. Just curious.
Thanks in advance.

Only Version 3
Old
MrMoke

Default Only Version 3 - 07-30-2013, 05:22 PM

You will most likely need to install the Java SDK and Netbeans. there should be some docs on how to open a version 3 world. I don't know if CM supports Eclipse.
Worlds modified using Netbeans cannot be reloaded into Alice,

Old
AliceMaster00

Location: You know that gap between the bottom of your dresser and the floor? Yeah, there.
Default 07-30-2013, 05:22 PM

Yes there is, its in the system preferences, not in the program its self, its in a XML in the Documents and Settings folder (i think, ive done it before).

What a piece of work is a man? How noble in reason, how infinite in faculties, in form and in motion, how express and admirable how like an angel! What apprehension oh how like a god! The beauty of thee world, the paragon of animals, and yet- to me, what is this quintessence o' dust? Man delights, not me. Nor woman either, nor woman either.

Correct
Old
MrMoke

Red face Correct - 07-30-2013, 05:28 PM

In 2.3 it's under "Edit/Preferences/General/display my program/Java style with color"
That option makes the code look similar to Java Syntax, but it's not really Java, and won't port to an IDE. Maybe I misread the question.

Last edited by MrMoke; 07-30-2013 at 05:32 PM.

Old
AliceMaster00

Location: You know that gap between the bottom of your dresser and the floor? Yeah, there.
Question 07-30-2013, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMoke View Post
In 2.3 it's under "Edit/Preferences/General/display my program/Java style with color"
That option makes the code look similar to Java Syntax, but it's not really Java, and won't port to an IDE. Maybe I misread the question.
Question, btw this is not to offend in anyway but, do you know how to script in JavaScript?

What a piece of work is a man? How noble in reason, how infinite in faculties, in form and in motion, how express and admirable how like an angel! What apprehension oh how like a god! The beauty of thee world, the paragon of animals, and yet- to me, what is this quintessence o' dust? Man delights, not me. Nor woman either, nor woman either.

Yep!
Old
MrMoke

Cool Yep! - 07-31-2013, 10:16 AM

Among other things, I use it to keep high scores on games that are played at different of times by different players.
When the world starts the previous high score and name appear, and new winners are prompted for their name when beating the previous high. New information is then permanently stored for next time.
Still, not a teaching tool for Java, since you have to know Java to write the scripts.

Last edited by MrMoke; 08-02-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Old
kuteme

Default 11-12-2013, 09:21 AM

Yes, I think it can be...it's in the system preferences, not in the program its self, its in a XML in the Documents and Settings folder
khoi nghiep lam giau | mua may giat tot | cac benh tre em|

we can change if we try our best

Last edited by kuteme; 12-26-2013 at 09:38 AM.