Rts??
Old
sarge878

Question Rts?? - 11-10-2008, 10:01 AM

So, I wanted to create an RTS game
because right now im on that "craving to play an extremely good RTS"
so I just wanted some ideas on how I would go about
in the programming sense of things...

Last edited by sarge878; 11-10-2008 at 12:49 PM.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-17-2008, 06:26 PM

Depends on what you're going for.

If you want something where you start off with some tanks and a building or two and slowly build that up into a military empire, you'd need a bunch of copies of each object, some "if object is within x meters of object" for your tanks, to determine their range of fire, some number variables for your health, points, and money, and probably you'd need to eperiment with the time functions that are under the functions tab when the world is selected. (i've never used them, so I'm not quite sure how they work, but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.) You'd need to keep the copies of the objects' "isShowing" properties to false until they are built, and some if/else if statements to check if a tank is dead with the a hit they take, if you have enough money to build a new unit, etc.

If you're talking about only tactical, no building, then it would be the same, but you could skip the extra copies of the objects and the money variable.

(')>

Tags
ideas, rts