Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

Animated Bubble Sort Algorithm
Old
freshmeat

Talking Animated Bubble Sort Algorithm - 05-23-2009, 01:10 PM

Here are two versions of the bubble sort algorithm. One sorts from descending order to ascending order and the other from ascending order to descending order.

FM
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Lesson_12.a2w (1.63 MB, 204 views)
File Type: a2w Lesson_12a.a2w (2.10 MB, 92 views)

Objective..
Old
freshmeat

Smile Objective.. - 05-23-2009, 06:08 PM

autoteck,
all I am trying to do with these two programs is show fellow members how to sort different object from ascending order to descending order and visa/versa.
I've downloaded you program and will play with it for awhile, and when I'm done I let you know what I think.

FM

About your program..
Old
freshmeat

Thumbs up About your program.. - 05-24-2009, 12:50 PM

autoteck,
I just took an online course from:

http://www.nwacc.edu/corporatelearni...ningOnline.php

in Alice 2.0, but I used Alice 2.2. I made 100% on the final, but I haven't really sat down and created a complex Alice world. All of the programs I displayed on this website were basically class assignments with the exception of the guessing game. I've recently learned a new way to write that game with a lot less code and written totally different.

About the link: click it and

scroll down and look at the blue section that says ed2go and look under web and computer programming, there you'll find the class intro to Alice 2.0 programming.

Your obviously very creative and your program and the ones that I've viewed on youtube have inspired me to start writing more complicated Alice world programs, but at the moment I'm starting a class called Itro to Java programming, and I am trying to focus my attention on that.

The program about the engine in my opinion was great, but you need to learn modularization, use of function parameters, method parameters and use of variables. Taking a course will really help you alot. Alice 3.0 is going to give the programmer the option to write Java code write into the alice program editor. So, learning Java would really help too. If you didn't know this, Java is platform independent and can be used on almost any computer and operating system, and it is capable of creating stand alone applications!
Java is used for just about everything, from cell phones, games, car brains, tv sets, the list goes on and on... it fascinates me!

Modularization of your code allows the programmer to have better control of his program because of better organization. You also need to learn to put comments in you code, so you or someone looking at it know exactly what your code is doing.

Well, I just can't go on and on about it, but because of your creative skill, I think that you should learn more about programming, if you don't already know and are just not apply what you've learned, because you could be a really good programmer if you educate yourself more.

I could be totally wrong, because I don't know about your educational background. So, I don't mean to insult you but to inspire you.

And yes, writing your programs in the least amount of code it defiantly the way to go, because you can create more complicated programs, call the same methods, functions, method parameters, functions parameters and variables over and over again, and make it easier on yourself to fix bugs and/or change the code without having to rewrite the entire program.

Anyway, take a look at the link I gave you and maybe I'll see you in a class some day.

I liked the program about Plato on the moon.....

FM

Last edited by freshmeat; 05-24-2009 at 01:00 PM. Reason: errors

how to open this A2W files
Old
ram

Default how to open this A2W files - 05-27-2011, 11:12 AM

hi author, how can i open these A2W files ? i am familiar with bubble sorting algorithm, but i wanted to know how we can write a web based animated version of the same to show how it works.

thanks,
Ram