Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Old
Dameria

Default 12-15-2009, 04:45 PM

Do you mind if I try to do it myself and post what I do? Or do you want me to try and explain it to you, and you do it yourself? (It would be easier if I just did it, but you would not be learning from that)

Also, I can't do it or explain it today because I have a lot of homework, sorry.

Check out my best projects so far and please comment:

Tic-Tac-Toe 2.0 ................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=3548
Alice Paint ........................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=23408
Real-Time Clock .................. http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=12725
Maze Game ......................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4301

Old
rockstar442

Default 12-15-2009, 04:49 PM

thats cool if you cant do it today but yeah go ahead and do it ill just look at the files on there and learn (im kinda good with written programs i learn fast)

Old
Delpenator

Default 12-15-2009, 05:13 PM

Is this what you wanted?

If not, i have absolutely no idea what you are asking.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w TankByROCKSTAR.a2w (237.0 KB, 3 views)

Old
rockstar442

Default 12-15-2009, 05:18 PM

dude that is way to complicated than it needs to be

Old
Delpenator

Default 12-15-2009, 05:20 PM

So. I was just emphasizing that anything there could be random. Is it what you needed/wanted though?

Old
rockstar442

Default 12-15-2009, 05:23 PM

well yeah in a way i mean its too much work and its not entirly random plus it takes to long for it to move

Old
Delpenator

Default 12-15-2009, 05:26 PM

Umm...every single variable in it is random. Also, you can change how long it takes to move, i just gave you an example. So i guess now i'm the confused one.

EDIT: You can also change the duration for each step to be shorter, unless you want that random too.

Last edited by Delpenator; 12-15-2009 at 05:28 PM.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-15-2009, 05:26 PM

I agree on the taking too long to move, but not with anything else. I think that if it works and if it doesn't cause an error or make the workld lag, use it.

If you can simplify it later, do it. If not, oh well, at least it works.

EDIT: Oh, I see, the wait is a random number. Good idea, though the range is a little high. Nice work, very nice work.

(')>

Old
rockstar442

Default 12-15-2009, 05:33 PM

im sorry im confusing oyu but i made my own its not efficent but yeah its close to it i guess ill see yours and try to screw around with it for awhile
ps does anybody know how to add thoose quotes at the bottom

Old
Delpenator

Default 12-15-2009, 05:38 PM

Do you mean comments? If so, look next to the print drag-drop tab at the bottom and you will see a double // in green. That is how you create comments. Hope i answered your question, because yet again i'm confused.

Lol this is how i feel right now. Please, for your own sake, do not look at the code for extended periods of time. You will pass out.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w TankByROCKSTAR.a2w (268.1 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Delpenator; 12-15-2009 at 05:55 PM.