Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Getting an object to "spin" randomly
Old
emerica4now

Default Getting an object to "spin" randomly - 12-16-2009, 10:42 AM

here is what i am supposed to do.

create a world that contains the following:

1. 4 Ballerinas
2. Place all the ballerina objects in a list
3. When the "B" alphabet is clicked, they should all spin simultaneously in the clockwise direction 2 times.
4. When the "S" alphabet is clicked, they should spin one by one counter-clockwise direction for a random number of times.

I have got the first 3 parts but do not know how to do the 4th step can somone please help, thanks I really appreciate it.

Old
Delpenator

Default 12-16-2009, 01:35 PM

first, create a random variable called spin (to do this create a world variable). Then, create a new method for this. Use this method in the event when s is typed. then, create the numbers value to the function random number(can only do this by drag and drop) . I recommend chenging the max and min values of the random number function by clicking more. Then do in order, one turn spin amount, then the next, and so on.

Also since you are turning set the random's range to be from 1 to 360 and divide by 360, otherwise you will spin way more than you want.

Old
emerica4now

Default 12-16-2009, 06:07 PM

Thanks alot that eally helped : )