Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Objects

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Debugger
Old
zonedabone

Default Debugger - 07-02-2010, 07:22 PM

This is the official forum thread for LadyBug, an intuitive debugger program for Alice. Right now, this debugger is in its infancy, but I will be developing it in my spare time.

LadyBug External Debugger: Import Debugger.a2c into your world. When you find a or section of code that you want to debug, put the Debugger's breakpoint command before and after the code, using a different break ID each time. Run your world. Once the worl freezes, open up your Alice folder, go into required, and open the file named 'debuginfo.txt'. This file will say which beakpoint was last reached. For a live view of breakpoints as they happen, open up Alice twice, with your world in one and the file 'debugviewer.a2w' in the other. As breakpoints are reached, they will appear in the debug viewer.

LadyBug Passive Deugger: Import LPD.a2c into your world. Set breakpoints just as in LED. When the world ends, a window will come up with an Unknown Error. Click on More Info, and scroll down to see an overview.

Current Release:
LED:
LED_.1.zip
LPD:
LPD_.1.zip

'Apple Macintosh' - An anagram of 'Complaints Heap'

M.A.C.I.N.T.O.S.H. - Machine Always Crashes, If Not, The Operating System Hangs.

You're *such* a mac person.

Last edited by zonedabone; 07-03-2010 at 09:33 AM.