Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Help Please, if you have alice in action by Joel Adams. Very Urgent!
Old
static12

Default Help Please, if you have alice in action by Joel Adams. Very Urgent! - 07-16-2008, 06:20 PM

I'm in the biggest pickle in the world. I've been looking everywhere for an alice in action book and can't find any. I'm in college right now and I have these projects that I have to complete by tomorrow. I Have No dinero to buy the book at school because my family left town to panama and I'm stuck with $21.23 in my pocket lol. If possible, can someone give me the instructions for

project 3.4 p102 (Einstein's formula); and
project 3.6 p102 (Farmer in the Dell);

It'd be madly madly appreciated. All I need to know is what it is I need to do for those, and I can pass my class. I really hope someone is able to respond... and thank you in advance!

Old
DrJim

Default 07-17-2008, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by static12 View Post
project 3.4 p102 (Einstein's formula); and
project 3.6 p102 (Farmer in the Dell);
Both are a bit long to post completely - but this should get you started until you can find someone who has the book. (Isn't there one in your school's library?)

3.4 wants you to have a character that calculate e=m*c**2 in his head when the user supplies a mass. (Also I assume he is to display the result, though the problem doesn't say.) You are to make your variables "descriptive" and use the world pov() function

3.6 is very long - but most of the problem is just the listing of the lyrics for "Farmer in the Dell." You are to create a singVerse() method where a character "sings" the song - and use parameters and variables to write your program "efficiently".

I really do recommend you check around to find a copy of the book as soon as possible.

Old
static12

Default 07-17-2008, 10:51 AM

Thank you sooo much Dr Jim. I've looked in my library and it's not in there either. I've looked online for ebooks and look at barnesandnobles and borders, and there's none on the shelves. Sometimes, I think the schools purposely choose textbooks you can't find anywhere but the school bookstore. Such a good way to make a profit. But anyway, thanks a bunch again. I'm gonna try to sneak this project in.

Old
static12

Default 07-21-2008, 10:03 AM

I have three more pages, even if I don't get them right away, I can find out what they are tonight, I think. Its excercise 4.1,4.6 and 4.10. Thanks a bunch to whoever replies

Old
lanceA

Default 07-21-2008, 11:25 AM

Amazon.com has Alice in Action (new book) for $23.07. Additionally they have 36 used copies starting at $14.88 each. If you are taking a college course you really should have the book suggested by your professor.

The book comes with a CD plus it gives you access to the author's web site which has additional material on it.

Old
static12

Default 07-21-2008, 12:52 PM

I would buy the book, it'd save me a lot of time and its such a hassle having to stress out over how to do the next project. But I only have 3 more days of class, and I doubt that the book will be delivered in time. At first I didn't have money to buy the book, but now that I do I don't have the amount of time to wait for it to be delivered. Eh, This is probably a hassle for other users too, which i apologize for. but yeah, thats kind of the only reason why I can't purchase it. Lol man it feels weird talking about my personal problems lol.

Adams book on line
Old
gunny

Default Adams book on line - 07-21-2008, 01:13 PM

Go to

http://alice.calvin.edu/books/alice/worlds/Chapter-03/

The second and third videos are samples of what is expected for your two problems.

Old
static12

Smile 07-21-2008, 11:10 PM

awesomo, thanks gunny!

Old
samtcuhhz

Default 08-10-2010, 05:37 PM

hey i was wondering if u still have the alice homeworks uv made becuase im having difficulties my self

Old
Freelancerworky

Default 09-29-2010, 05:09 PM

Thanks guys. I was also looking for this.
Useful !

Tags
alice, class, school