Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

Test posting
Old
DickBaldwin

Default Test posting - 09-14-2007, 08:22 AM

Just a test.

I intended to delete this posting immediately after posting it, but now I can't figure out how to delete it. I thought there was a Delete button in Edit mode, (which is where I am now), but it doesn't seem to be there.

If you know how to delete a posting, let me know and I will delete this one to save server space.

Last edited by DickBaldwin; 09-14-2007 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Ask question about deleting posts.

Old
lanceA

Default 09-14-2007, 11:39 AM

Dick you should be able to simply view your post and then click on the EDIT button. Once in edit-mode there is a button at the bottom to delete any posts you have authored.

Good luck

Old
DickBaldwin

Default 09-14-2007, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceA View Post
Dick you should be able to simply view your post and then click on the EDIT button. Once in edit-mode there is a button at the bottom to delete any posts you have authored.

Good luck
That's what I thought too. In fact, I used that process to delete a message a couple of days ago. However, I am attaching a screen shot of my edit screen and I can't find the Delete button this time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg edit.jpg (61.1 KB, 56 views)

Old
gabe
Administrator

Default 09-14-2007, 04:14 PM

That's strange...you should have a Delete button. Lance, can you click on edit for your above post and see if there is a delete button?

Old
lanceA

Default 09-14-2007, 04:48 PM

That is strange - I can not delete an email that I authored. At one time I could, but not now.

I even gave a reason for deleting, and then tried to delete but I still could not delete my post.

Old
DickBaldwin

Default 09-14-2007, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe View Post
That's strange...you should have a Delete button. Lance, can you click on edit for your above post and see if there is a delete button?
Gabe,

I did get a Delete button on the attached screen shot. This is a different posting, so whatever is happening is erratic. I reduced it to save bandwidth, but the Delete button is clearly visible.

Dick Baldwin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg edit1.jpg (44.1 KB, 56 views)

Last edited by DickBaldwin; 09-14-2007 at 06:05 PM.

Old
DickBaldwin

Default 09-16-2007, 08:19 AM

Gabe,
I still can't delete the first posting that began this thread.

The only thing that I can think of that causes that posting to be different from others is that it was my first posting after setting up the avatar. In fact, that was the reason that I made the test posting: to confirm that setting the avatar had taken effect.

Dick Baldwin