Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Chapter 4 Excersize Roman Numeral Translator
Old
RyanCStrife1984

Default Chapter 4 Excersize Roman Numeral Translator - 12-23-2009, 02:16 PM

I was just wondering a good way to attempt this program, the problem is I need to create a wizard who asks the user for an input from 1-10 then translates that into a Roman Numeral. I've got the basics of the program I have the wizard and I have a condition that only allows the user to enter a number between 1 and 10 to get a response; but I'm not sure how to approach the actual translating of roman numerals, I don't know of a formula in math that will do it so I figured I would need to use alot of variables but that doesn't sound right. 1 it would be insanely pointless considering all that time for just the numbers 1-10. I'm thinking of using a For Together statement but I haven't used them yet so I have no experience with them. If anyone has some incite it would be greatly appreciated and yes I am teaching myself.

Old
zarfang8

Default 12-23-2009, 02:21 PM

Look in the world's functions. There should be quite a few math functions there, (actually there is math and advanced math, but I have never used the advanced math) And there are some things like Greater than X, less than X, equal to X, greater than or equal to x, and something else that I'm not sure what it means, when you take a number and put it in an if/else tab. Try that.

If there is nothing to use there that can help, just tell me, And I will try looking into it more. '

Then, There is always x2495iiii who could help if I can't, And you could message him, I'm sure he would know something to do.

Last edited by zarfang8; 12-23-2009 at 02:25 PM.

Old
RyanCStrife1984

Default 12-23-2009, 03:14 PM

yea the IF statements was an idea but I know there is a much better way the IF statements aren't going to be useful if say the range was 1-100. 1-10 works for the if statements but I know there is a away to generate an array of say variables to numbers then numbers to roman numerals. I'll figure something out thanks for trying =)

Old
zarfang8

Default 12-23-2009, 04:24 PM

Yeah, I'm still thinking on it, though.

Old
rdennison11

Default 12-24-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCStrife1984 View Post
yea the IF statements was an idea but I know there is a much better way the IF statements aren't going to be useful if say the range was 1-100. 1-10 works for the if statements but I know there is a away to generate an array of say variables to numbers then numbers to roman numerals. I'll figure something out thanks for trying =)
Ryan, add the Roman numerals as 3D text make their isShowing false there input that into your if statement. then when user inputs a number have it set to true.

Old
Mortgage FL

Default 08-23-2011, 03:44 AM

I know this thread is too old, but I also like to try this out. someone can help me for this? I don't have the basics of the program.

http://allaboutweightloss.org/weight-loss-diet/no-white-diet

Last edited by Mortgage FL; 09-01-2011 at 10:36 PM.

Tags
chapter 4, exercises