Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

patruped walking
Old
nicko

Default patruped walking - 12-29-2013, 05:15 AM

hello, I am beginner with alice and I would like to have a example of programm wich make a patruped to walk, could someone help me?

Use Your Imagination
Old
MrMoke

Default Use Your Imagination - 12-29-2013, 11:40 AM

Most of the characters in Alice can't walk, and those that do have walk methods leave something to be desired.

My suggestion would be to:

1)Pick a simple quadruped from the library like a "turtle". They will normally start with a neutral position.
2) Immediately create a new pose, and call it something like "original".
3) Get on Google and begin viewing videos of the animal walking, paying attention to placement of limbs, and the repetitive nature of the process.
4) From the "original" pose, begin physically moving the limbs to the first extended position, saving the finished changes as another pose called "left".
5) Return the character to it's "original" by right-clicking, and set pose to.
6) Repeat step 4 with the opposite appendage positions, and save the new pose as "right".
7) Repeat step 5.

Now write a walk method that alternates between left, original, right, original poses while simultaneously moving the character forward. Using the "abrupt" option makes things look more natural.
Adjust speed of poses and forward movement until it looks good to you.

solved,but not all
Old
nicko

Default solved,but not all - 12-29-2013, 03:16 PM

I tried for begining to make the feet of a dog to move like scisors, but it seems something is wrong and I do not what; I want to attach the "code", but it is in alice 3.1 not 2;please help me,I have not any idea how to solve;

problem with restart button
Old
nicko

Default problem with restart button - 12-30-2013, 06:08 AM

now, the problem is that when I using restart button by many times, the result is different;I will attach two imagesb with "code", please could someone tell me why the results are different when is executed by more times even the code is the same?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg part1.jpg (57.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg part2.jpg (91.3 KB, 15 views)