Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

How do I get the turtle to walk forwar d
Old
momofzulu

Default How do I get the turtle to walk forwar d - 03-20-2010, 12:02 PM

How do i get the turtle to move his legs and wlk forward at the same time. I also need him to hide in his shell and then to have him reappear. I also need to create keyboard controls like if you press the up arrow the turtle moves forward, down makes him turn around, that sort of stuff.

Old
shaydon

Default 03-20-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofzulu View Post
How do i get the turtle to move his legs and wlk forward at the same time. I also need him to hide in his shell and then to have him reappear. I also need to create keyboard controls like if you press the up arrow the turtle moves forward, down makes him turn around, that sort of stuff.
is for an assignment?

if not i can upload example

Old
Niteshifter

Default 03-21-2010, 02:46 AM

Since there's a lot of things, I've made a list:

Walking: You can manipulate the leg sub-parts from the turtle to move the legs ie: turtle.leftLeg turn forward. If you insert a "turtle move forward" and the leg movements into a "do together", then the turtle will move his legs and go forward like he's walking.

Hiding in shell: This could be a tough one (depending on the size of the body and limbs). You could make the turtles arms, legs and head move into his body and re-orientate the limbs so that it isn't shown through the shell (you would just do the reverse of the hide to make him come back out.

Disappear/Reappear: You can use the "set opacity to: 0%" to make him disappear, and "set opacity to: 100%" to make him reappear.

Keyboard movements: You would go up to the "events" part of the screen and click on "create new event", from there, you can make the events of when the directional keys are pressed to make him move. You can also further refine this by using a "When/While a key is pressed do..." event to customize how the turtle will move.

Try experimenting with these things since there's a lot that can come out of it.

I Need Help With This One Too!!
Old
cpizani

Exclamation I Need Help With This One Too!! - 04-02-2010, 09:41 PM

I am having trouble with turnAround and turnLeft, turnRight. I would really really appreciate any help that can be given!!

Old
jediaction

Default 04-03-2010, 08:25 AM

Well like i said with the fliping. If you cant just tell the legs to move and the body to move at the same time. Then make the turtle set wehicle to a dummy, make the dummy move and not the turtle, then do the leg movments. Easy as that

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
cpizani

Exclamation 04-03-2010, 01:10 PM

Thank You for that. How can I make the turtle hide and reappear??

Old
jediaction

Default 04-03-2010, 07:01 PM

Turtle showing = false
Turtle showing = true

as simple as that, its in the propeties section of the object, near the bottom

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames