Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

how can i make these?
Old
yamicaitsith

Unhappy how can i make these? - 11-14-2011, 08:10 PM

Circling Fish
Create an island world with a fish in the water. Position the fish and the camera point of view so the island is in the background and fish in front on left side. Write a program that has the fish swim around in a circle in front of the island. Next, have the fish swim around the island. You may wish to have the fish move asseenby the island. Finally, have the fish jump out of the water and then dive down into the water. The final scene should look somewhat like the initial scene, with the fish back in roughly the same position as where it started.

Tortoise Gets a Cookie
Create a world having a tortoise (Animals, a stool (Furniture in CD or Web gallery), and a cookie (Kitchen/Food), as shown. Put the cookie on top of the stool. (Cookies are the tortoise’s favorite snack food.) Position the tortoise and the stool side by side and then use a move method to move the tortoise 2 meters away from the stool. (This way you know exactly how far the tortoise is from the stool.). Use a turn to face method to be sure the tortoise is facing the stool. Write a program to move the tortoise to the stool and get the cookies. Have the tortoise show its thanks (for the cookie) by looking at the camera and waving an arm.

Old
jediaction

Default 11-21-2011, 01:14 PM

You can do all that with basic Move/turn/roll functions. Just play around with those for a little bit to get firmiliar with them. You can do animations on any objects. You can position objects by clicking on them, then where the move/rotate/etc...options are, click "advanced" and then press "Add Dummy at object." You can then make your object "Move to" and "Orient To" that object and it will always allign perfectly with that object. It is better for you to experiment then for us to tell you how to do it though, because physically practicing it will help you get better. See what you can do from what I said above.

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

turtle gets a cookie
Old
yamicaitsith

Unhappy turtle gets a cookie - 11-22-2011, 08:19 PM

im very new at this and i hav no idea how to use it and as i dont know any programing languages im having a hard time making these i did the first one.

but i couldnt make the turtle wave his hand in exercise two?

can you direct me on how to do it?

Old
dakota95

Cool 11-23-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamicaitsith View Post
im very new at this and i hav no idea how to use it and as i dont know any programing languages im having a hard time making these i did the first one.

I'd recommend just spending a few hours on Alice figuring it out before you try a project. at least that's what I did and it helped me.

<Insert_Signature_Here>

Last edited by dakota95; 11-30-2011 at 11:47 AM.

Old
jediaction

Default 11-23-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamicaitsith View Post

It is very difficult to explain something in very detail. Like Dakota said above, try playing around with Alice first. I think that's best to start.

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
dakota95

Cool 11-24-2011, 07:50 PM

you could also look around the forums for tutorials. Also there are a lot of tutorials on how to do things in Alice on YouTube

<Insert_Signature_Here>

Old
yamicaitsith

Smile 11-28-2011, 11:29 PM

very funny lol but thanx ill check the tutorials i wont find nothing under my bed

Old
yamicaitsith

Default 11-28-2011, 11:32 PM

can u guys recommend me any tips about if/else statements? how can i aply them and what sort of effects i will get?

or any examples please

Old
GameKid

Default 11-29-2011, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota95 View Post
fat least that's what I did and it helped me.
?

Well, to learn all the techniques-- or, at least, what I did, was try to make a game. I ended up using all the techniques at my disposal.
If, perhaps, there was some sort of constant communication software so I could talk to you, I could tell you how to do this and that. I may haven't been using alice for long, but I daresay I know a thing or two.
I'll send you a private message with some tips and anatomy of a statement.

[COLOR=e4eaf2]Your text here[/COLOR]
Come on, you know you want to try it.