Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

create title page
Old
imconfused

Question create title page - 10-23-2005, 03:55 PM

i'm doin a project and it's completed but one requirement is missin, the title page, and i guess i'll make an end page too, but anyways, how do i go about making one? i tried to look at how it was done in the tutorials but no success!

Old
gabe
Administrator

Default 10-23-2005, 04:06 PM

I'm not quite sure what is meant by a title page. Perhaps you could post your assignment instructions?

You can create a billboard (file > Make Billboard) which will allow you to import an image file (i.e. a jpeg), perhaps with some text or a title or something.

Old
imconfused

Default 10-23-2005, 04:08 PM

this is the title page i am trying to create.

- Your ALICE animation project should begin with text listing your name, course, and date.

Old
gabe
Administrator

Default 10-23-2005, 04:17 PM

I would email the professor or a TA for clarification. If billboards were not taught in the assignment, it could mean 3d text (file > add 3d text), or even just putting your name/course/date in the filename. The instructions seems unclear to me.

Old
imconfused

Default 10-23-2005, 04:26 PM

um. well a better way to put this maybe is that i was lookin at the defending naptime tutorial and the opening screen is a translucent screen that says Defending Naptime, then it fades to the story, and at the end it fades back to a translucent screen and says The End. does that make it any clearer?

Old
gabe
Administrator

Default 10-23-2005, 04:43 PM

This is done through the creation of a billboard. Create an image using Microsoft Paint. You can use MSPaint's text feature to type in your title information. Then import it into your world. Drag it into the beginning of your first method and then you can make it fade out by dragging in the opacity tile and setting it to 0. (You'll have to play with the time to make it stay on the screen long enough.)