Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

How do you make a football go through the air realisticlly?
Old
JAV3Champion

Default How do you make a football go through the air realisticlly? - 04-27-2012, 10:42 AM

im makeing a field goal kicking game but im still trying to figure out how to make the football turn forward while goin through the air in a parabolic pathway...

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 04-27-2012, 10:57 AM

Make a new move forward method for the football.

Place an invisible object at the point where the football starts to travel, and turn it to face the direction you want the football to go.

Change the moving-forward method's "asSeenBy" property to the invisible object.

Make two new methods, one of the football moving up, and one of the football moving down. Set their durations to half of the duration used for the moving-forward method. Then change both of their "asSeenBy" properties to the ground.

Put the two new methods in a "do in order" box, then put the "do in order" box in a "do together" box. Then put the moving-forward method in the "do together" box.

Change the style of the moving-up method to "end gently", and the style of the moving down method to "begin gently".

Add any turns or rolls you think are needed to the "do together" box. Set their styles to "end gently" for extra realism.

(')>

Old
HorusLupercal

Default 04-30-2012, 04:17 PM

Just curious as I've only recently started using Alice, but what is the significance for having a different asSeenBy for the forward and up/down motions? Does that create a more parabolic effect or a smoother transition for the apex of the arc? I've noticed in my own program with arcing, jumping models that the apex/transition between the up and down motion is a bit jerky.

Tags
flight, football