Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

start screen
Old
joseph15

Question start screen - 10-25-2008, 04:58 PM

hello im doin a world and i want to know how to make a screen that says the end at the end and also i want a screen that says click anywhere to begin, sorta like the flight simulator game on alice any help would be awesome!

Old
Northern

Default 10-26-2008, 06:33 AM

Umm i can tell you one way of doing it, not sure if there are other ways but this way works.

Start up screen:
I'm going to use 3d text as the object for your start up screen so yeah, but you can pretty much use any object you want.

Place the object in your world so that your preview screen will look like the start up screen you want.

Now go into your world methods tab, make a new method and name it "start screen" or whatever. Now go into your 3d text properties and drag in the opacity code into your "start screen" method. When the opacity code is in the "start screen" method, set the opacity to 0. Then go into the 3d text methods and drag in the move code, and set it to move down, make the distance long enough to move down below the ground.

Now click on the button next to the events, which is located next to the preview screen. Its "create new event" or something. Scroll down till you see the "when the mouse is clicked on something" once you click on it, another event code will pop up in the white box. It will be blue with a picture of a mouse. Now where it says "anything" drag in the 3d text and where it says "nothing" drag in the "start screen" method.

So now when you play your world, and click on the 3d text it will go invisible and move out of the world.

With the ending, its pretty much same thing, except you have the opacity to 0 first, move it up to the screen or to the camera, and then set opacity to 100.

Hope that helps >.<

Old
joseph15

Default 10-27-2008, 06:21 PM

thank you so much northern i have been looking for a explanation thank you.