Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Functions - do all at the same time
Old
Yoav

Default Functions - do all at the same time - 03-31-2013, 01:28 PM

Hi, I'm totally new to Alice and just learning the ropes. I'm using v3.
This is probably a silly question, but I can't find any tutorial which explains in depth how scenes, methods and procedures are all connected.

Right now I'm trying to figure how to change the default setup of new methods from 'do in order' to 'do simultaneously' or something similar. I'm working on a simple movie project and want some things to happen at the same time.

Do Together
Old
djslater107
Administrator

Default Do Together - 04-01-2013, 07:11 AM

The short answer to your question in Alice 3, you would drag the do_together tile from the bottom of the editor window into the editor, and then drag the procedure methods you wish to execute at the same time into the doTogether block...

We are still working on the Alice 3 tutorials... There is a How-To Guide (.pdf) available at this link:

http://www.alice.org/index.php?page=...load_materials

Finally, if you are new to the Alice system, it may be worth your while to download Alice 2, and work through the tutorials that are part of that software. The Alice 3 IDE uses the same basic principles...

Don Slater
Alice Team
Carnegie Mellon University

Old
Yoav

Default 04-02-2013, 03:13 PM

Thanks a lot Don. I don't know why I didn't notice those commands down there. We will stick with Alice3 I think. The sims chars are a great incentive for my daughter.