Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Objects

Old
dakota95

Default 12-19-2011, 10:06 AM

I'm just posting to say that this is my 200th post.

<Insert_Signature_Here>

Old
room14

Default 12-19-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kidnapper View Post
30% of that 10% were bots. 99% of all statistics are made up on the spot, btw.
Waiting for tables to be flipped.
(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ︵ ┻━┻
BTW, I probably could convert them but it'd take too much time. If you want them quickly it won't be as good as the B-17.
it does not have to be as good as b 17. though, i do not have to have it immediately.

:D

WWII project help
Old
sargentnbbranco

Default WWII project help - 12-19-2011, 04:46 PM

So in my computer animations class, we're having a final project for 2nd marking period grades. me and my partner are doing a WWII bomber game, since i am a huge nerd on WWII. I need help with a specific collison detection, a way of turning where the plane tilts, and a way to get it so that if you get hit or if a carrier gets hit,it blows up. I'd figure that if i could get help from anyone, it would be the experts. ALSO, I NEED AI's, that's my BIGGEST concern.

Last edited by sargentnbbranco; 12-19-2011 at 04:49 PM. Reason: new idea

Old
TauTrumpsPi

Default 12-19-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentnbbranco View Post
So in my computer animations class, we're having a final project for 2nd marking period grades. me and my partner are doing a WWII bomber game, since i am a huge nerd on WWII. I need help with a specific collison detection, a way of turning where the plane tilts, and a way to get it so that if you get hit or if a carrier gets hit,it blows up. I'd figure that if i could get help from anyone, it would be the experts. ALSO, I NEED AI's, that's my BIGGEST concern.
There's a nice explosion animation in Arty FishL's object compilation in the share objects section

Unfortunately, the other things you ask for are some of the most complicated in all of programming. AI's, except simple ones, are incredibly hard, and collisions are possibly harder. Sorry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have plenty of common sense. I just choose to ignore it.
-Calvin and Hobbes

Wondering about my Avatar?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardigrade

Wondering about my username?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG7vhMMXagQ

Ok
Old
sargentnbbranco

Default Ok - 12-19-2011, 05:00 PM

Thanks for the reply. I just need a basic one, which i think i can do. ill open a new post and call it CAPS NBCFP HELP, because i have 3 weeks to work on it, so if you can help, post there! but i think i also have the turning down, I've done some expiriments before, so ill just go with that!

SOPA Piracy Act has disabled signiture

Old
Mr Kidnapper

Default 12-19-2011, 05:20 PM

Collisions aren't quite as hard as AI, since there's no predefined limit or genuinely accurate test of measure as to how good an AI is. As for collision, get an example from this. In that thread I explain how you need to use simple objects in the form of spheres and cubes to make your objects have a "complicated" collision. In terms of aeronautical impact, it will work for certain. Though I can't say the same for driving around the block and the sort.

Old
sargentnbbranco

Default 12-19-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kidnapper View Post
Collisions aren't quite as hard as AI, since there's no predefined limit or genuinely accurate test of measure as to how good an AI is. As for collision, get an example from this. In that thread I explain how you need to use simple objects in the form of spheres and cubes to make your objects have a "complicated" collision. In terms of aeronautical impact, it will work for certain. Though I can't say the same for driving around the block and the sort.
I think i get what your saying. I'm only a freshman, and i have no clue what your talking about for the most part. I think your saying that you stop the object or send it backwards if it is within threshold of an object. I've looked at the coding for a not very good one (or at least a glitchy one), and i cant figure it out.

Old
Mr Kidnapper

Default 12-19-2011, 05:39 PM

Indeed so. Most people choose the "Move backwards" option, though in Alice this is quite cheap and it looks very choppy.
Let me explain his functions to you.
The first four events are movement events. I don't think I have to explain those to you.
The fifth event, he chose to move backwards. In the idea that the car is an indestructible rubber object, this works.
Now the function "humvee.isNearAnyObject"
What he does here is go through a pre-defined arrayList of objects separated into groups of Rectangles and Spheres. In my opinion, you should make a third group of Cylinders.

How it detects if an object is nearing the threshold of a Rectangle primitive is by detecting if an object is absolutely in one direction of an object, for example only left, or only right and so on for the other two sides. After which it divides the objects height, width, or depth (depending on the side) by two (Because this is the distance from the center to the outer edge, not the diameter.) and checks if the object impedes that.
However, what you need to do in your aeronautical collision detecting is to detect all six sides.

How it detects if an object is nearing the threshold of a sphere primitive is by simply detecting if an object is within the sphere's radius. Easy 'nuff.

How you can detect if an object is nearing the threshold of a cylinder is by detecting if an object is on the XY axis of an object, for example, either left, right, in front, or behind the cylinder and use the radius to detect intrusion.
In the case of the top and bottom, you do it the same way as the cube. Absolutely on top or absolutely on the bottom of the object.

Helpful!!!
Old
sargentnbbranco

Default Helpful!!! - 12-19-2011, 05:45 PM

Thanks for the help! it works great! I need to now get a shooting method that allows for either the aircraft carrier OR the plane to explode if hit by <<subjet>> cylinder. is this possible through parameters, or does it have to be resolved another way? I have three weeks to make this project, so if any ideas pop into mind, post on CAPS NBCFP HELP

Old
room14

Default 12-19-2011, 06:03 PM

I am currently making a stable Ai. It'll be a while though.

:D