Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

How can I put a text?
Old
Polchky

Default How can I put a text? - 01-18-2006, 10:28 AM

Hello, I come from Switzerland, and I don't understand english very good, so thanks talking easy

I'm working on Alice, and I want to put a text on the start screen, exactly like in the example world "flight simulator", so not a 3D text.
How can I do it?

Thanks for your answer!

Old
gabe
Administrator

Default 01-18-2006, 10:50 AM

It sounds like what you want to do is add a billboard to your world. Basically what this is is an image file (i.e., JPEG).

You can create the image in MS Paint or any other paint program, then add it to your world by clicking the file menu > make billboard... and then selecting your file.

You should see your image appear in front of everything else in your world and you can manipulate it like any other object. If you want it to appear at the beginning of your world and then fade out, you can adjust its opacity under the object properties. To be able to keep the billboard in place and work on the rest of your world, set its "isShowing" value to false (also under object properties).

Old
Polchky

Default 01-18-2006, 12:35 PM

Thanks a lot!

P.S. Alice is really excellent for the beginning in programmation, it's wonderfull!