Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Works-In-Progress

Reset the camera
Old
millew

Default Reset the camera - 05-03-2013, 09:34 AM

So I have a maze game where I move around freely for awhile. There are parts of the maze where I can die and then the game will reset. How do I have the game reset so the camera/character move back to the starting position?

Thanks!
Lewis

Old
jryanj21

Default 05-03-2013, 10:05 AM

You may be able to set a pose for the camera at the beginning. Then call the pose in the end of your event.

Old
millew

Default 05-03-2013, 10:08 AM

I've tried that but haven't been able to get that to work? Has anyone done this before?

Old
jryanj21

Default 05-03-2013, 10:33 AM

Try making a dummy object where the game begins, at the end have the camera move to it.

If you have the camera following your character, you can probably turn it's visibility off while it moves back to the start, again with using a dummy object.

Camera markers
Old
djslater107
Administrator

Default Camera markers - 05-03-2013, 11:45 AM

In scene setup, expand the more controls section, and you will see options to "drop dummy at camera" and "drop dummy at object." Position the camera and the objects to the positions you want to return to, and then drop the dummies. A folder will appear in the object tree named Dummies. Open it up and rename the dummies appropriately, so you can more easily remember what they refer to.

When you are ready to restart, use the "Set point of view" command for the camera and the character to bring them back to the starting positions.

Hope this helps...

Don Slater
Alice Team
Carnegie Mellon University