Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Works-In-Progress

moon cities
Old
Star wars fan

Default moon cities - 09-20-2006, 08:04 PM

I'm making a world called moon citeis it has the moon's template with some city terrians and buildings,cars,ships,etc but it might lag because right now I copied the ground 3 times (might change it lower or higher) and it'll probaly take awhile when it's done I'll make it so you can download it on this thread.(but could some1 tell me how to make it so you can download it here?)

Add Attachment?
Old
Mr Nemo

Default Add Attachment? - 09-20-2006, 10:55 PM

Next time you type a message, scroll down below the typing window. Just down there, underneath Additional Options, lies a button called Manage Attachments. If you wish to submit a file, you can do it in raw .a2w files, but out of consideration for people on dialup, I suggest you package all items in a .zip file, no to exceed 15 MB. TTFN!

thanks
Old
Star wars fan

Default thanks - 09-21-2006, 05:08 PM

Thanks for telling me that Mr.Nemo. btw I'm not entirely sure exactly what I want in this world so I have no idea for all I know the sun might blow up and destroy the Earth by the time it's finished. And I know what you mean consideratoin for those with dail up one time when I treid to download something the estimated time said it would take days and someone will call between 5 days...*sigh*the horrors of dail up.

Last edited by Star wars fan; 09-21-2006 at 07:44 PM.

Pivot
Old
DrJim

Default Pivot - 09-22-2006, 04:55 PM

Star Wars Fan

No offense intended but I think you may have taken a bigger step than you realized jumping right into Alice from video games. I recommend you also take a look at Pivot, http://www.geocities.com/peter_bone_uk/pivot.html. It's a 2D stick figure animation program that has a large and active users forum - which can help you get familiar with the basics before jumping into 3D - and also you won't be bugged by processor speed and memory problems. It's not lost time either - you can have a billboard with your stick figures running across your neat 3D world kicking butt or whatever (look at how they do the "FireAnim" special effect in Alice - it might work for your sun blowing up).

not exactly a game
Old
Star wars fan

Default not exactly a game - 09-22-2006, 04:58 PM

not really a game maybe once versoin one's made might make into one but mostly just watch for now (the only thing can move other than the camera is just move a object around).

Old
Mr Nemo

Default 09-23-2006, 10:26 PM

Well it sounds like you are doing better than I am, I'm still struggling to get one of the fairies to walk.

Walking Fairie
Old
DrJim

Cool Walking Fairie - 09-24-2006, 01:35 PM

Here's the basic idea - note it is memory intensive.

The poses need work (arm and body movement, leg bending, etc.) but I threw this together rather quickly. But the basic idea is that each pose is a keyframe (look it up if you don't know the term) and Alice extrapolates the movement between keyframes.

Jim
Attached Files
File Type: a2w walkingFarie.a2w (801.7 KB, 782 views)

Last edited by DrJim; 09-24-2006 at 01:37 PM.

Old
Mr Nemo

Default 09-25-2006, 08:50 PM

Yes, I did notice that the poses can be usefull, but the problem with the fairies is that the upper body region's poses also extend down into the upper leg region. So if you construct the method like they do in the he/shebuilders the fairy only moves the lower legs, not the upper leg.

Old
Star wars fan

Default 10-02-2006, 02:18 PM

I'm back. got a new game and usally when I get a new game I play it till I'm bored. I don't know how to do a realistic walk but making them move is pretty easy.

Old
Mr Nemo

Default 10-02-2006, 09:24 PM

Good to see you didn't give up on us!
What was the game?