Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 3 > How Do I?

walking animations
Old
Elive

Default walking animations - 06-21-2011, 12:57 PM

I've just recently started using Alice 3 and was trying to find a walking method (procedure) for the Sims models. Although models in Alice 2.2 had this the ones is 3 don't seem to come with it. I was wondering if there are any models that do or if there is a way to create poses like in 2.2 to create a walking animation. I haven't been able to figure it out myself. Thanks for the help!

Old
jediaction

Default 06-21-2011, 05:11 PM

You can experiment in Alice with its animations. Click the subparts of a character by double clicking the parts of the body until they become highlighted in a yellow frame. Then with methods and move and turn functions, you can make the character move to certain positions. You can test it out, but it will take a while.

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
Mr Kidnapper

Default 06-22-2011, 11:53 AM

The default walk anims aren't any good anyways. You really are better off making them yourself.

Old
Elive

Default 06-25-2011, 12:55 AM

Yeah, I'm just unsure about how to make poses in 3, in 2.2 the pose button was right there but I'm not exactly sure where it is in 3 or if it's even a button. I'm familiar with manipulating subparts and creating poses I just didn't see this option in 3. I feel stupid asking this because it's probably something simple that I'm missing. Sorry for my delayed response and thanks for the quick replies!