Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

Export Video question
Old
treodeo

Default Export Video question - 05-25-2009, 12:28 PM

How long can the screen recorder for Alice 2.2b record for? For some reason my 4 min recording animation will only show up as 1:54 min animation when I open the movie file on my computer cutting of the rest of the animation. Some info on this would really help.

Last edited by treodeo; 05-25-2009 at 01:37 PM. Reason: I didn't include enough info

Old
DrJim

Default 05-25-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treodeo View Post
How long can the screen recorder for Alice 2.2b record for?
I'm not sure there is a hard answer to this question, but you might review the download instructions and the 2.2b section of the forum.

It's basically a question of memory - which in turn depends on the content of the video - and there is no real "out of memory" error message from Alice's internal video capture (one reason I rarely use it). Video's with a lot of .wav sound files especially can burn up memory. Whatever the case, it's always best to record to something that does have a lot of free memory space, such as an external hard drive.

Export Video not implemented at this time
Old
killercatfish

Default Export Video not implemented at this time - 05-28-2009, 02:22 PM

Howdy,

I get the message: 'Export Video not implemented at this time", any time I attempt to export. Any ideas why?

Thanks,

-Josh

Old
treodeo

Default 05-30-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercatfish View Post
Howdy,

I get the message: 'Export Video not implemented at this time", any time I attempt to export. Any ideas why?

Thanks,

-Josh
Um. I think you are using an earlier version of Alice. Only 2.2b and above versions of Alice can use the Video Export program.