Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Works-In-Progress

My Computer Programming Project
Old
kylemorelandwhhs

Default My Computer Programming Project - 10-19-2010, 11:38 AM

Hopefully this attaches. My team & I are working on a Western Shootout game, and I've been assigned to the fandancer. Basically, the fandancer is practicing her routine (move forward, move backward, move left, move right, spin 2x) while a gunshot rings out in the.. 'temple' and she jumps and thinks/says: "Why are people shooting at me?"

I am having a few problems; I want the fandancer's hand that is holding the fan to "fan" the fan, if that makes sense. I can not figure out how to do this. It's a shocking wonder that I have gone thus far into the project, since I am nothing more than a novice at Alice.

I am switching between Alice 2.2 on Windows XP (at school) and Alice 2.2 emulating on an Intel MacBook Pro with OS X v10.6.4, if that helps.

EDIT: After many attempts at trying to upload the .a2w file, the Attachments Management window does not seem to want to load.

Last edited by kylemorelandwhhs; 10-19-2010 at 11:39 AM. Reason: added the attachments bit at the end.

Old
Akira101

Default 10-19-2010, 03:19 PM

Umm... for the "fan" method, make the fan "vehicle" to the hand on the dancer you would like it to be in, so when the hand turns or rolls, the fan does so too so it stays a certain position to the hand, say 0x 0.5y and 0z.

So this way the fan always stays that sertain position in relation to the hand, hope it helps.

I know it’s been some time since this thread
Old
hjussila

Default I know it’s been some time since this thread - 03-15-2012, 01:00 AM

I know it’s been some time since this thread was started, but I would appreciate it if the OP could try uploading the final file as I am stuck at doing something similar and would love to have some reference.

Harri Jussila

My Computer Programming Project
Old
joealosteen

Default My Computer Programming Project - 03-28-2012, 01:59 AM

Computer programming is a good idea for any field. It is use at that time more work progress. It good for sharing and collaboration information.

time is money