Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Works-In-Progress

Guitar players
Old
imyf77

Red face Guitar players - 04-10-2008, 05:42 PM

I made this for turning in school as an assignment, but did not finish it until the class ended. Two guitar players- male and female play guitars doing jumping, walking or headbanging interactions when keys are pressed. The original goal was to simulate the Sims, which when users click on a character, a few menu show up for the user to determine what he wants his character to do though, after hours of hard labor, it turned out to be nearly impossible unless Alice allows the local variables to pass their values to the other method.

But it was nice try. I will remember for a long how many hours I spent on that and how eager I was to finish that project with the good tutoring program Alice.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w guitarplayer.a2w (14.7 KB, 265 views)

Old
DickBaldwin

Default 04-10-2008, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imyf77 View Post
... it turned out to be nearly impossible unless Alice allows the local variables to pass their values to the other method....
I am curious as to exactly what you mean by the wording quoted above.

It is possible that Alice can do what you need to do through parameter passing, but you may not be thinking about the problem from a viewpoint that exposes that possibility.

Dick Baldwin
Free Alice tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/tocalice.htm
Free programming tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/toc.htm

P.S. I was unable to load the world.

Last edited by DickBaldwin; 04-10-2008 at 07:51 PM. Reason: P.S.