Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

My FPS Game
Old
AliceMaster00

Location: You know that gap between the bottom of your dresser and the floor? Yeah, there.
Smile My FPS Game - 12-12-2011, 12:10 AM

I tried. Here are the controls: (note: The game lags while inside the rooms)
arrow keys= move
mouse= shoot
g= throw grenade
space= jump
enter= open doors
r= reload

FPS Creators may use this game as referance once updated.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w posting.a2w (6.43 MB, 201 views)

What a piece of work is a man? How noble in reason, how infinite in faculties, in form and in motion, how express and admirable how like an angel! What apprehension oh how like a god! The beauty of thee world, the paragon of animals, and yet- to me, what is this quintessence o' dust? Man delights, not me. Nor woman either, nor woman either.

Old
deathsniper127

Default 12-12-2011, 09:47 AM

You should try this... if you put the speed to 10 for the world right when it starts then shoot and reload as much as you can the gun is facing your right and the arms are in the wrong position

Old
AliceMaster00

Location: You know that gap between the bottom of your dresser and the floor? Yeah, there.
Arrow 12-12-2011, 09:51 AM

Did you find something to make it more realistic and not glitch horriblly?

What a piece of work is a man? How noble in reason, how infinite in faculties, in form and in motion, how express and admirable how like an angel! What apprehension oh how like a god! The beauty of thee world, the paragon of animals, and yet- to me, what is this quintessence o' dust? Man delights, not me. Nor woman either, nor woman either.

Old
deathsniper127

Default 12-12-2011, 10:03 AM

Well, when i played it it didnt glitch horribly.. except the arms thingss it actually ran pretty fast.

Old
deathsniper127

Default 12-12-2011, 10:03 AM

and make the up, down screen thing slower

Old
deathsniper127

Cool 12-12-2011, 10:07 AM

And one more thing... Go and change the throwing grenade thing so when you drop the grenade it doesn't blow up on you.

Old
jediaction

Default 12-12-2011, 03:13 PM

Feedback...

Pros:

Decent Camera Animations
Ammo System
Grenade Drop

Cons:

No Sound
Glitchy Reloading
Not much to offer

Overall

43/100 by Chrome Games
PROBLEMATIC

I'll start with the glitches. The frist thing I ran into was the door in the beginning. If you press Enter more than once, it keeps spinning around. That brings me to my second point, there should be ingame instructions. Also, When I pressed reload, the gun repositioned in a messed up position. The controls are clunky also. You have to move your entire hand just to reload the gun because move is the arrow keys instead of w,s,a and d. To call this a game doesn't qualify well. It is more of a FPS Base System, which is what I see now and in your description. The system just needs more polishing before final release such as: Sounds, better reloading animations, better controls, and more to offer. I did like the grenade drop, but that needs to be improved also.

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Last edited by jediaction; 04-11-2012 at 08:49 AM.

Old
deathsniper127

Default 12-12-2011, 03:20 PM

uhmm sir, im pretty sure i was doing it right because i only used 10x speed to hurry up the process becausee everytime i reloaded the arm's repositioned.

Old
deathsniper127

Default 12-12-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediaction View Post
Feedback...

Pros:

Decent Camera Animations
Ammo System
Grenade Drop

Cons:

No Sound
Glitchy Reloading
Not much to offer

Overall

43/100 by Chrome Games
VERY BAD

I'll start with the glitches. The frist thing I ran into was the door in the beginning. If you press Enter more than once, it keeps spinning around. That brings me to my second point, there should be ingame instructions. Also, When I pressed reload, the gun repositioned in a messed up position. The controls are clunky also. You have to move your entire hand just to reload the gun because move is the arrow keys instead of w,s,a and d. To call this a game doesn't qualify well. It is more of a FPS Base System, which is what I see now and in your description. The system just needs more polishing before final release such as: Sounds, better reloading animations, better controls, and more to offer. I did like the grenade drop, but that needs to be improved also.
Can you please check out my FPS ;D thankss

Old
Mr Kidnapper

Default 12-12-2011, 08:07 PM

Ought to work on your animations. Nothing is more important than what the user themselves see. 'Fer example, when shooting the slide will pull back on its own and a casing will fly out in some random direction. That would be good. Due to the way the gun is angled, sometimes this casing might not be seen.
One thing I notice is the way the character holds the gun. I don't think anyone holds a gun like that. When they teach you basic weapons training, the idea is to hold the grip with both hands, not the grip with one and the slide/hammer with the other, unless it were a revolver and you were trying to spew out as many bullets as you could in a short amount of time.
It is not entirely necessary for you to have a bullet literally fly out, however it may do you some good if every so often a yellow beam of light came out of the barrel called a tracer bullet. Flash anims would be nice, too.
In the case of your reload anims, it's just odd in general. The gun is angled funny and the slide is pulled back from a direction where many people would find it silly and inefficient to pull it from.
Perhaps this weekend I will begin a series of tutorials on FPS animations and basic method requirements. This week is a little too busy.

Tags
creators, fps