Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Using Browser as viewer
Old
ozzie dave

Wink Using Browser as viewer - 03-04-2006, 06:52 PM

Hi Randy,

Alice is a really great learning programme, maybe I am trying to push it to hard ?.

As I understand ver 2 for Windows can only be viewed using a Web Browser ‘Explorer’ etc
So I downloaded the required JAVA files, then saved my test as HTML, worked fine but with some exceptions.

The Bubble text would not show up in the Browser at all and ‘ALMOSTALLABOUTALICE’ converted for HTML the button that you click to see What Alice can do would not work and the programme stayed in limbo on the first screen.

Any Idea’s is this terminal to Java, will we ever be able to compile to an EXE File ?.

Many Thanks

Old
gabe
Administrator

Default 03-08-2006, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie dave
As I understand ver 2 for Windows can only be viewed using a Web Browser ‘Explorer’ etc
So I downloaded the required JAVA files, then saved my test as HTML, worked fine but with some exceptions.

The Bubble text would not show up in the Browser at all and ‘ALMOSTALLABOUTALICE’ converted for HTML the button that you click to see What Alice can do would not work and the programme stayed in limbo on the first screen.
In response to the applet, we are aware that these things do not work with your browser, and we apologize for the incovenience. In its current state, the Java3D renderer doesn't support them.