Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

How can I import Mario?
Old
borntolose

Smile How can I import Mario? - 12-13-2008, 10:19 AM

Hey Guys! I am pretty new to Alice.
I was wondering if there is a way to import Mario into Alice world?
If so, please help me!

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-16-2008, 04:42 PM

depends on how you define import mario

if you mean the game, you couldn't...you could only import screenshots from the game in the form of billboards.

if you mean a model of him, you couldn't do that either (probably why no else's answered this) unless you found one one the internet, since there isn't one in the gallery. You'd could also make one yourself out of shapes like sheres and ovals and stuff, but it'd be difficult to animate and you wouldn't be able to merge the objects together into one model. you could also make a poor-man's mario with the coach from the people gallery, the policeHat from the objects gallery (turn it red) and maybe if you fiddled with texture maps, colors and emissive/spectral stuff (seldom used properties), you might be able to make it look like mario (that's how I'd do it, I'd get resourceful and find stuff in the gallery that has parts I could use to make it look good)

i'm told you can find 3D model makers on the internet that can help you make new characters, but i haven't looked into it much

finally, I have a friend who has a real talent for making complex characters in Alice out of simple shapes (he's already made a perfect Sonic the hedgehog and a great Meta-Knight. he's working on a mario and if he finishes anytime soon, I'll ask if he can post it)

That's all I can tell you.