Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Storytelling Alice: how do I move character into a new scene?
Old
jjf

Arrow Storytelling Alice: how do I move character into a new scene? - 01-02-2009, 04:58 PM

My reference/text book hasn't arrived yet, and I'm trying to figure some things out my own. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm creating a two-scene story. The first scene has a Knight character to whom I've added a new method (Wave -- he waves hello). I want the same Knight with the same method in the second scene, but I don't see how to move or copy/paste him.

I looked at the Multiple Scenes example that ships with Storytelling Alice. It has a caterpillar character going through three scenes, but the creator just had a new instance of the caterpillar in each scene. But a new instance of Knight would "forget" my new Wave method.

Ideally, I'd like a way to move or copy my modified instance of Knight into Scene 2. I suppose I could also create a new instance of Knight for each scene if there's a quick and easy way to copy and paste entire methods, but having one Knight object that belongs to World and moves through the different Scenes that also belong to World just makes more scene to me, in an organizational kind of way.

Thanks!