Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 3 > How Do I?

I can't be THAT stupid...where did all the menu options go?
Old
thamioramakiir

Default I can't be THAT stupid...where did all the menu options go? - 06-09-2009, 12:56 AM

Okay so I wasn't exactly a pro with 2.2, but I can't even begin to figure out 3.0b. I can get an object onto the field, sort of, but then its like it just freezes. I can't find any options to make anything move. I can't even drag something if i try to click on it this yellow ring below just dies and then nothing else happens, even the camera seems locked in place. I can't possibly be that stupid, am I missing something or is it possible just not even there? Is there a board some where for more amateur wannabe's or people who have no clue because I've been to several boards for other graphic programs and after posting one question I'm treated like an idiot and thrown out for not knowing how to use a program I've never seen before. Where would be a good place to start because I can't even find one thing in Alice and the "Create a character" option only lets you make adult men and women with the exact same faces as far as I can tell. Anyone else have suggestions because I'm totally lost here.

Old
DrJim

Default 06-09-2009, 09:23 AM

I had some problems with (very) slow responses to the mouse and screen controls. Since you have to "hit" pretty close to what you want to move, this can get frustrating - especially if you also queue up a number of commands. In that case, the whole program just seems to hang up.

I think the problem is just that the default edit screen is a full screen display. Keeping it updated quickly is going to require a lot of memory - and if your video card doesn't have its own, things are going to be slow.

I found that it was a considerable help to make sure that you have a lot of free disk space - anything less than 20% free will start to cause problems, at least in my experience. Also, as suggested in another posting, defragment the hard disk containg Alice so you don't have a lot of little files interrupting large block writes.