Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 3 > How Do I?

Status Update?
Old
1bluephish

Default Status Update? - 10-08-2009, 12:48 PM

Hello,

I have been following this project since it was announced and am wondering when a new update is going to be released on the status of the beta and maybe an updated timeline on when the public can expect a potential release. The last thing I saw was fall of this year so I was hoping to see if that was still true or not.

Thanks in advance.

1bluephish

Old
1bluephish

Default 10-13-2009, 01:28 PM

/friendly bump

Alice release to use for Spring 2010 Classes
Old
ekpalmer

Default Alice release to use for Spring 2010 Classes - 12-14-2009, 06:53 PM

I wanted to know whether there might be a new release of Alice before the start of Spring classes.

I currently have 3.0.0.0.61 installed in my Lab.

3.0.0.0.64 includes an enhancement to the keylistener that I want. But I am hesitating to install it since I was not sure if there were any additional updates that would be released soon.

Thanks.

Old
gypsy fly

Default 12-24-2009, 02:17 PM

I'm also scheduled to teach Alice in Spring 2010 (starting the first week of April). I suspect we'll have to wait another year before touching 3.0

By then Alice may suffer the same fate as Logo, perceived as obsolete. With James Cameron's "Avatar" breaking new ground in story-telling, the gulf between the cutting-edge standard and the basics (Alice) is widening. Just as Alice's drag and drop smooths out syntactical errors to make story-telling (and programming) more fun and desirable to learn, so will there be a need to bridge the ever-widening gap between the Sims characters and Avatar.