Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Objects

A few questions regarding creating custom models for Alice
Old
Noise Maker

Default A few questions regarding creating custom models for Alice - 02-06-2010, 04:08 PM

Hello,

Does anyone know of any good (and preferably free) software that lets me create models for Alice that can be animated? I'd rather not use Blender, as it looks rather complicated and this is my first time creating 3D models.

I have the free Google Sketchup, and I read that there is a way to import them into Alice using Blender. But, I read somewhere that you cannot create animatable models with the free Sketchup - is this true?

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 02-06-2010, 04:55 PM

Technically, it's not. You can create animation-friendly objects using Sketchup as long as you create the model with the subparts as separate entities. Most people tend to transform and extend similarly colored/textures surface to save time and space, however this leads to everything in the model with that color and texture being grouped together as a subpart of the model, meaning it can't be animated properly.

(')>