Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Works-In-Progress

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Type-it 2 beta (Alice word proccessor)
Old
arty-fishL
Senior Member
 
arty-fishL's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,878
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the corner of your eye
Post Type-it 2 beta (Alice word proccessor) - 02-25-2010, 04:19 PM

I have now released Type-it 2 beta, it is unfinished, but is a big improvement on Type-it 1.

Press down or forward delete or on screen del button to delete last character.

file attached at the bottom.

Instructions:

1) open Type-it 2.
2) start a new file
or load a Type-it file from any folder e.g. C:\Documents and settings\All users\
or load a txt file from any folder.
3) Edit it by typing and formatting.
4) Save to any folder as a Type-it file or txt file or just copy the on-screen printed text.

Good features:

- File access, save and load a .Tid file or .txt file from or to any folder on your computer.
- My unique font with 143 personally made characters.
- My unique aesthetically pleasing background graphics.
- Extra tools and settings in toolbox menu.
- Automatically saves and loads preferances to and from files.

On screen buttons:

-[spanner] toolbox (tools and settings menu, automatically saves and loads some settings).
-[padlock] locks screen, so nothing can be changed. DO NOT USE, CURRENTLY NEEDS FIXING.
-[save buttton] save to file as .Tid file or .txt file or print to screen.
-[dollar sign] insert special Type-it character.
-[del] delete last letter.
-[cursor in red box with 2 lines next to it] highlighter tool

Keyboard shortcuts:


-[down arrow] delete last letter
-[forward delete button, not backspace, this button: ] delete last letter.
-[menu/application key, not windows button, this button: ] open toolbox (settings and tools menu).
-[print screen] save document to file and/or print text on screen.
-[CAPS lock] (will display a warning message to show its been pressed).
-[Alt] switch to secondary function (press alt THEN the second button).
Secondary buttons:
Alt then;
4 = input € sign
` = input sign
s = special characters dialogue
h = highlighter tool
t = input type-it credit info text
(spacebar) = toolbox


Thanks to zonedabone for all the help
Attached Files
File Type: a2w type-it 2 beta A.a2w (12.83 MB, 25 views)


█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [-]

Last edited by arty-fishL; 02-26-2010 at 11:07 AM.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
jediaction
Senior Member
 
jediaction's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 5,064
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bel Air, Maryland
Default 02-25-2010, 04:40 PM

I tried it and its good. You could get this perfect though. You need more typing spaces


Website: www.salokingames.com
FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames
   
Reply With Quote
good
Old
King Gamer(gorit)
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default good - 02-25-2010, 09:17 PM

Im, Impresed very well done. I'm asuming the letters are just textures but they are amazing
   
Reply With Quote
Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator
 
x2495iiii's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,508
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Continental U.S.
Default 02-25-2010, 11:46 PM

Fascinating, very fascinating. Keep up the good work, arty!


(')>
   
Reply With Quote
Old
jediaction
Senior Member
 
jediaction's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 5,064
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bel Air, Maryland
Default 02-26-2010, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gamer(gorit) View Post
Im, Impresed very well done. I'm asuming the letters are just textures but they are amazing

Well I see it as textures and painted letters. You should make fonts


Website: www.salokingames.com
FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames
   
Reply With Quote
?
Old
arty-fishL
Senior Member
 
arty-fishL's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,878
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the corner of your eye
Default ? - 02-26-2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediaction View Post
I tried it and its good. You could get this perfect though. You need more typing spaces
What do you mean by typing spaces?

If you mean letter tiles, I was thinking of doing this, I might still do it, but it does require a lot of extra coding and importing etc.

Thanks for suggestions, this is beta, keep them coming so I can release a good full version.


█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [-]
   
Reply With Quote
Texture letters.
Old
arty-fishL
Senior Member
 
arty-fishL's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,878
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the corner of your eye
Arrow Texture letters. - 02-26-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gamer(gorit) View Post
I'm asuming the letters are just textures but they are amazing
Quote:
Originally Posted by jediaction View Post
Well I see it as textures and painted letters. You should make fonts
I was trying to solve the original problem of loading times in 3D text, it takes its time to combine all the letters and print them on screen, then we have taking new lines, then there is problems with scrolling down, so I came up with textured letter tiles.

I would like to add more fonts and I am planning to, but the fonts require me to make, save, rename, import, add to lists, orginise, then add quite a bit of coding 143 times (for each character supported).

Anyway, choose save as notepad file (.txt) in the save dialogue, or copy the text printed on screen by highlighting and pressing ctrl+c after typing your document, then it can be further formatted in other applications until I add more fonts, if I do.


█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [-]

Last edited by arty-fishL; 02-26-2010 at 11:06 AM.
   
Reply With Quote
Well..
Old
King Gamer(gorit)
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default Well.. - 02-26-2010, 02:15 PM

Thats not that bad I am going to have to add thousands of objects just to find positions of things in one world. I am making a skiing world which will take 1 object for each point where three triangle? polys come together. It will not be fun but it will work.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
jediaction
Senior Member
 
jediaction's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 5,064
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bel Air, Maryland
Default 02-26-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arty-fishL View Post
I was trying to solve the original problem of loading times in 3D text, it takes its time to combine all the letters and print them on screen, then we have taking new lines, then there is problems with scrolling down, so I came up with textured letter tiles.

I would like to add more fonts and I am planning to, but the fonts require me to make, save, rename, import, add to lists, orginise, then add quite a bit of coding 143 times (for each character supported).

Anyway, choose save as notepad file (.txt) in the save dialogue, or copy the text printed on screen by highlighting and pressing ctrl+c after typing your document, then it can be further formatted in other applications until I add more fonts, if I do.

Yah, i know how hard it is, i started a Alice Mine craft, for anyoen who knows what that is. It would take years and Alice would brake


Website: www.salokingames.com
FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames
   
Reply With Quote
Wow
Old
arty-fishL
Senior Member
 
arty-fishL's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,878
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the corner of your eye
Thumbs up Wow - 02-27-2010, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gamer(gorit) View Post
Thats not that bad I am going to have to add thousands of objects just to find positions of things in one world. I am making a skiing world which will take 1 object for each point where three triangle? polys come together. It will not be fun but it will work.
Sounds tough to make, but lots of hard work should prove to make a brilliant world, so I'm looking forward to it.


█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [-]
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
characters, python, type-it, type-it 2, word

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Copyright ©2017, Carnegie Mellon University
Alice 2.x 1999-2012, Alice 3.x 2008-2012, Carnegie Mellon University. All rights reserved.