Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Maze Game
Old
Dameria
Senior Member
 
Dameria's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 978
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: United States
Default Maze Game - 04-26-2010, 03:49 PM

I was asked for help by a student a few days ago to help them with their maze, and because I have always wanted to implement my method of collision detection into one of my worlds, I decided this would be the first real game for me to test it. This is the same game that is on the other thread, except with one exception. I did fix the clicking problem that most of you wanted me to. I made it so that the lollipops can be picked up as soon as you go over them, so there is no need to click them now. As I fixed this problem, it also fixed the bug to give you 15 points for every lollipop collected, so to make it even I made the time bonus set at 50 and count down by 1 every 3 seconds. Now you will not get the most points simply by going straight to the end of the maze, and you will actually have to get all the lollipops for the highest possible score.

So download it if you would like, the only reason I am making another post is because it will not become very popular unless it is on the Share Worlds section. Even though the maze was originally made by Cindy, before the changes that I made, it was just the maze, rockette, and a simple method to click lollipops. I believe that I have made enough changes in it to call it my own.

So, how do you like the collision detection? I know it is a little laggy, but that is only because there are more than 50 objects that rockette has to collide with. Also, if it is too laggy on Alice 2.2 for you, try running it on Alice 2.0 and it should run a little easier.

EDIT: Over 1000 downloads! Nice! For a more advanced collision detection to use for larger programs where more walls are needed with less lag, click HERE!
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Maze.a2w (1.08 MB, 1799 views)


Check out my best projects so far and please comment:

Tic-Tac-Toe 2.0 ................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=3548
Alice Paint ........................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=23408
Real-Time Clock .................. http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=12725
Maze Game ......................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4301

Last edited by Dameria; 10-07-2011 at 10:26 AM.
   
Reply With Quote
Still need help
Old
dominator15
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Wink Still need help - 05-04-2010, 07:59 PM

Hey, can you just do it for me please, but don't mess anything that doesn't need to be modded. Also, if the copter touches another object that's not a point circle, just make a miniature explosion. I've got everything else down though, so just that.
Copter Bomber Elite backed up on May 2 2010 at 4h51m51s PM.a2w
dominator.tarro@gmail.com
   
Reply With Quote
Old
Dameria
Senior Member
 
Dameria's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 978
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: United States
Default 05-04-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator15 View Post
Hey, can you just do it for me please, but don't mess anything that doesn't need to be modded. Also, if the copter touches another object that's not a point circle, just make a miniature explosion. I've got everything else down though, so just that.
Please send me a private message for this type of stuff. I want this thread to be about the maze game that I created. Also, I am too busy to do any of your schoolwork, so try to figure it out yourself from what I have done.


Check out my best projects so far and please comment:

Tic-Tac-Toe 2.0 ................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=3548
Alice Paint ........................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=23408
Real-Time Clock .................. http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=12725
Maze Game ......................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4301
   
Reply With Quote
I am impressed
Old
patsito92
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default I am impressed - 10-05-2010, 12:52 PM

Pretty interesting. You have done the impossible possible. Congratulations.
May I use your code in one of my games? Thank you very much.
EDIT:
Also, I have two doubts about the timer and the score. The 1st one is in the world.startTimer method in the third "if(both world.bonus is geater than 0 and Variable 3Seconds==3:
decrement world.bonus by 1
3seconds set value to 1
Else
increment 3seconds by 1)"
How does that affect the timer and the score?
The 2nd one is, how does the game measure how many bonus points to give you according to your time? I think this question must be related to the first one.
Please reply as soon as possible.
Thanks.

Last edited by patsito92; 10-05-2010 at 01:43 PM.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
Dameria
Senior Member
 
Dameria's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 978
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: United States
Default 10-05-2010, 03:11 PM

Sure you can use the method inside of your program. I'm not so sure about that first question, its been a while since I made that program and I don't feel like looking back at it. The second question though, I just made the bonus at a set number, like 50 or something, and every 3 seconds or so that you are in the maze the bonus goes down by 1 point, so if you spend 30 seconds in it before you finish, your bonus will be 40 points. If you spend 60 seconds, your bonus would be 30, and so on until you have spent 2 and half minutes in the maze, then the bonus just stops at 0. (These numbers might not be what I actually used in the game, but it is the same concept)


Check out my best projects so far and please comment:

Tic-Tac-Toe 2.0 ................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=3548
Alice Paint ........................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=23408
Real-Time Clock .................. http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=12725
Maze Game ......................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4301
   
Reply With Quote
Thanks
Old
patsito92
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Thumbs up Thanks - 10-05-2010, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dameria View Post
Sure you can use the method inside of your program. I'm not so sure about that first question, its been a while since I made that program and I don't feel like looking back at it. The second question though, I just made the bonus at a set number, like 50 or something, and every 3 seconds or so that you are in the maze the bonus goes down by 1 point, so if you spend 30 seconds in it before you finish, your bonus will be 40 points. If you spend 60 seconds, your bonus would be 30, and so on until you have spent 2 and half minutes in the maze, then the bonus just stops at 0. (These numbers might not be what I actually used in the game, but it is the same concept)
Thanks for the quick answer. I will spend some time to try to figure out the 1st question. And for the second answer, it helped me a lot. Also, thanks for sharing the code. I will give you credit.
   
Reply With Quote
Viewpoints
Old
Owens81
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default Viewpoints - 11-29-2010, 06:23 PM

I noticed that you added the view options for first and third person viewpoints to the maze, but I can not get it to work for the first or third person view. Is there anyway I could try playing the game in first person?
Thanks and it looks amazing!
   
Reply With Quote
Old
Dameria
Senior Member
 
Dameria's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 978
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: United States
Default 11-30-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owens81 View Post
I noticed that you added the view options for first and third person viewpoints to the maze, but I can not get it to work for the first or third person view. Is there anyway I could try playing the game in first person?
Thanks and it looks amazing!
I guess that if you change my program so that the camera is inside the place where the girl's head is, and you make the camera vehicle to the girl, then it would be first person. Third person I gave up on because the camera would sometimes be going through a wall so that you cannot even see the girl, but I guess that if you put the camera above the hedges and still faced towards the girl, then it would still work and you could have it that way if you want. Just move the camera to anywhere you want and change the "vehicle" option's value to "Rockette".


Check out my best projects so far and please comment:

Tic-Tac-Toe 2.0 ................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=3548
Alice Paint ........................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=23408
Real-Time Clock .................. http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=12725
Maze Game ......................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4301
   
Reply With Quote
Old
TheWhiteGuy
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default 03-31-2011, 11:27 AM

ok so i looked at the collision in this game and i cant quite figure it out do u think u can post how to make it because i cant make it so that "the distance to wall" but i cant insert it where it needs to go (srry its hard for me to explain)
   
Reply With Quote
Old
sashu545
Junior Member
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Join Date: Dec 2011
Default 12-22-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dameria View Post
I was asked for help by a student a few days ago to help them with their maze, and because I have always wanted to implement my method of collision detection into one of my worlds, I decided this would be the first real game for me to test it. This is the same game that is on the other thread, except with one exception. I did fix the clicking problem that most of you wanted me to. I made it so that the lollipops can be picked up as soon as you go over them, so there is no need to click them now. As I fixed this problem, it also fixed the bug to give you 15 points for every lollipop collected, so to make it even I made the time bonus set at 50 and count down by 1 every 3 seconds. Now you will not get the most points simply by going straight to the end of the maze, and you will actually have to get all the lollipops for the highest possible score.

So download it if you would like, the only reason I am making another post is because it will not become very popular unless it is on the Share Worlds section. Even though the maze was originally made by Cindy, before the changes that I made, it was just the maze, rockette, and a simple method to click lollipops. I believe that I have made enough changes in it to call it my own.

So, how do you like the collision detection? I know it is a little laggy, but that is only because there are more than 50 objects that rockette has to collide with. Also, if it is too laggy on Alice 2.2 for you, try running it on Alice 2.0 and it should run a little easier.

EDIT: Over 1000 downloads! Nice! For a more advanced collision detection to use for larger programs where more walls are needed with less lag, click HERE!
Hye, when I press play. The rockette just move forward very qucikly and then disappears. Please help
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
collision detection, fun, game, lollipops, maze

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Copyright ©2017, Carnegie Mellon University
Alice 2.x 1999-2012, Alice 3.x 2008-2012, Carnegie Mellon University. All rights reserved.